Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Intentional feeders

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Intentional feeders 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Treutreu » May 25, 2014 9:04am | Report
This kinda ruined my day : it was a typical all pick rmm match, so we started picking, just like any match... At first it buggers me a little that one guy insta-picks Bloodseeker, but I tell myself "it's okay, let's hope for the best". Then the game starts, and he starts feeding the mid sf on purpose. Then he feeds the courier, and buys other couriers... Sf is on a killing spree by 1:30. So of course, I reported him, and I abandoned after 5 mins, but it pisses me when I think about it.

Has any of you here had the same case where a random idiot just feeds for no reason?

Treutreu

Notable (1)
Steam: [kS] Treutreu
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » May 25, 2014 9:19am | Report
Thankfully, i have never had an intentional feeder on my team, i just get really **** players on my team. However, i have played against feeders, and i always report them, because it defeats the purpose of the game when you are pudge with 20 stacks of Flesh Heap by the 15 min mark.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Treutreu » May 25, 2014 9:38am | Report
Well, I reported him, but I don't know if it will change anything. Hope he will be stuck in low prio for a long time though.

Treutreu

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 25, 2014 9:44am | Report
I have, thankfully they're usually on the other Team.

It's best to just report them and move on.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » May 26, 2014 2:08am | Report
Still haven't played a game with an intentional feeder. Report and try and get on with it, is all we can suggest. They'll likely end up banned as a result of multiple people reporting for the same thing.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » May 26, 2014 8:28am | Report
Nothing you can do, I just played one and the mid Pudge was terrible, then just fed. All you can do is report them - they should end up in low priority in no time. Make sure you report genuine feeders on the other team too, you wouldnt want to be stuck with them either, and but for the throw of a dice in matchmaking, you would have been!
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Treutreu » May 26, 2014 9:21am | Report
Yeah, it also happened that the feeder was on the other team. Once it was a Gyrocopter who decided that his team was too bad (match was quite tied, maybe a bit in my team's favor) and started feeding mid. Also, a Dazzle who did it from the start. I was ignoring him mid, but I was playing Necrophos so he took damage from my aura nonetheless, and I was credited for assists :P But I reported them anyways, I know it was very frustrating for their teammates.

Treutreu

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » May 26, 2014 9:37am | Report
Happened to me few times, mostly in the opposite team. I don't want to make prejudices, but all of them were Russians, and their team told us, they only spoke Russian which equals: "refuses any type of communication". They were talking Russian, so they were communicating, but that was EU West with marked "English" only, so they could as well talk in Chinese.

I know some Russians that are really good players and their English is pretty good as well. This is often a indicator to me. I see a small connection between speaking English and decent playstyle.

Report is the only option. You can also report their Steam account, but I am not sure if it has any impact. Once I reported some guy, because he was doing Auschwitz references just because I am from Poland, and even though I provided screens, made Steam report, Dota report - nothing happened.

P.S. That's interesting when I think about it, because I remember exactly Bloodseeker who was sending couriers to us, and he was an intentional feeder. Pretty weird, huh?

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Treutreu » May 26, 2014 10:45am | Report
Was it recently? Maybe it is the same guy, because we weren't in the same match apparently.

Treutreu

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Treutreu » May 26, 2014 10:51am | Report
But I guess i'll insta-abandon if I see some guy with this kind of name : \_(ツ)_/¯

Treutreu

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved