Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Intelligence items on Sniper?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Intelligence items on Sniper? 24 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 15, 2014 2:13pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

That's my point though, the Active is useless if you just want Mana to Harrass, and while Orchid gives you 150% Mana Regen, you can get 125% from a casual Perserverance, not to mention there are other ways of getting Mana.

If you're fighting within 100 Range however, you'll probably be sticking to Right-Click and Shrapnel for damage, because as has been said, it's a waste to use Assassinate when you can Right-Click your opponent to death. Early on, you're Right-Click isn't going to be that good, even with the Damage + Attack Speed bonuses, so that 30% doesn't go as far on Sniper.

To me, it just doesn't feel like Orchid Malevolance gives its weight in Gold on a Sniper.

P.S. If it's Intelligence Items that are in question, why has no one mentioned Necronomicon and his 2 little brothers?! D{8

But why not get the Orchid Malevolence to harass from a very long distance and shut down casters at the same time? Also, Sniper doesn't exactly lack damage at the moment when he gets his orchid if he maxed headshot, but if he doesn't do enough damage, he can always finish a fleeing opponent off with Assassinate.

Don't forget that the 30% soul burn does not only apply for Sniper's own attacks, but for his teammates' as well.

EDIT:
Necronomicon is good on every hero, so it doesn't count :D

EDITEDIT:
Forgot to mention that Orchid Malevolence actually makes Sniper useful in early-mid game fights where he would otherwise have no good disable.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ScarPe » March 15, 2014 2:15pm | Report
"casual preserverance" ... thats the worst thiung i have ever read about dota.

it seems you cant read, as Assassinate gives you:
+25 Intelligence (325 mana + base manareg)
+30 Attack Speed (!!!!!)
+30 Damage (!!!!!)
+150% Mana Regeneration

and as a normal lasthitter, you should have it at ~13+- min.
with solo mid and/or kills ~11min.

so thinking of this like a baseitem, its everything you need to start with i'd say.
if some1 wants to gank you -> active + autohits.
i think you dont realise how much dmg sniper does with a bit of attackspeed that you get from PT and orchid + 60% chance to deal 90 additional dmg. thats actually rediculous.

ScarPe

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 15, 2014 2:19pm | Report
ScarPe wrote:

i think you dont realise how much dmg sniper does with a bit of attackspeed that you get from PT and orchid + 60% chance to deal 90 additional dmg. thats actually rediculous.

Hence why Sniper is despised in low-level pub. Just a little attack speed makes him proc Headshot like crazy.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » March 15, 2014 2:23pm | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Don't forget that the 30% soul burn does not only apply for Sniper's own attacks, but for his teammates' as well.

True I guess, but I still don't feel it's worth it 8{(
porygon361 wrote:

EDIT:
Necronomicon is good on every hero, so it doesn't count :D

Same thing with Force Staff ;{)

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ScarPe » March 15, 2014 2:27pm | Report
so if you think its not worth it: what other items of the same cost have more value for you?

ScarPe

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 15, 2014 2:30pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Same thing with Force Staff ;{)

Touché hahaha

Still, Necronomicon minions pretty much scales the same on any hero while Force Staff might be slightly different if gotten on different heroes eg. Outworld Devourer compared to Huskar :D

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » March 15, 2014 2:35pm | Report
ScarPe wrote:

so if you think its not worth it: what other items of the same cost have more value for you?

In the 4k region? Necronomicon 2 is great for Pushing, Black King Bar is useful for Teamfights when they get in Range to Focus you and Desolator is useful for increasing your Right-Click Damage on Heroes and Towers.

Although only Necrobook is an Intelligence Item.

Edit:@Porygon - Necronomicon scales better on Heroes who already have summoned Minions, like Nature's Prophet, Lycanthrope, etc. since the NecroCreep Aura powers the Minions up too.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ScarPe » March 15, 2014 3:02pm | Report
necronomicon is just ******** on sniper.
with bkb first he will hit like a meleecreep.
with deso first, you lack the actual attackspeed to really do significant amounts of dmg.
the dps of orchid is way higher.

in addition you get the silence utility of orchid.

ScarPe

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » March 16, 2014 2:53am | Report
in the same vein as orchid....Heavens Halbred

there's nothing funnier than letting a right clicker walk up to you. halbred him then quickly blast him down while he wonders wtf just happened.

(disclaimer)
troll build only

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 18, 2014 12:27pm | Report
I just tried the orchid build with my friend (playing Abaddon) and, though it was a stomp, what I observed was that

1. The Queen of Pain blinked in on me once and I just silenced her, killing her in the process. From then on, both her and their Mirana didn't dare to come close. I'm sure that in a normal game, no one would dare to gank me alone and I can farm up in relative safety.

2. Spam spam spam spam spam. Unlimited Shrapnels for endless sieging and a ton of Assassinates to... Assassinate.

3. It's really easy to build; though I got the Orchid Malevolence at 13 minutes in this game, in a normal game a good timing should be by 17-20 minutes. And its is cost effective, providing you with enough damage (with the help of Phase Boots)

Gonna do some more testing in a more even match. I suggest some of you try it though.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved