Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dire and Radiant Differences?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Dire and Radiant Differences? 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » January 8, 2015 6:51am | Report
Damn Xyrus, bringing fact's into our aimless theorycrafting!
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 8, 2015 7:02am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Let's say you have a 20p coin and a 50p coin, you toss both coins 100 times each. The 20p coin falls on heads 69 times, whereas the 50p coin only lands on heads 49 times. You could argue that there's an advantage to the 20p coin when it comes to drawing heads, or you could just accept it as luck.

https://www.fourmilab.ch/rpkp/experiments/statistics.html

Odds are either you've gotten better this last month in general (your overall winrate has gone up by 5% compared to the last 6 months), or you just had some luck with lineups, possibly even both. We're only talking about 47 games atm, so it's not that unlikely to see something as low as 30% or high as 70%.

This is called the law of averaging in the world of probability.
If there are two outcomes it is always 1/2 with all things remaining the same and no bias.
Simple.
You can get variations, as can be observed from the bell-curve, also called the normal distribution curve, mostly being one standard deviation in or out of the Main Standard Deviation .

Your theorycraft is not aimless.
His assumption fails on one point:
The map is not virtually homogeneous. Possibility of bias exists and must be explored.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 8, 2015 7:35am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

not really/ radiant is better for both.

at top then have full vision and are safe from vision. though maybe half a second longer pathing. if you take

at bottom they have full vision and are closer. but take longer to get there. but are still there well before the rune pops.

what you said is not right at all.

DId I say Dire? WHOOPS, I meant Radiant. Ya, their cliffs are closer. :C

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » January 13, 2015 4:41pm | Report

This is called the law of averaging in the world of probability.
If there are two outcomes it is always 1/2 with all things remaining the same and no bias.
Simple.
You can get variations, as can be observed from the bell-curve, also called the normal distribution curve, mostly being one standard deviation in or out of the Main Standard Deviation .

Your theorycraft is not aimless.
His assumption fails on one point:
The map is not virtually homogeneous. Possibility of bias exists and must be explored.

UGH .... so .. much .... good... things and words and maths and logic ...

i cant deal right now. brain feels too goooooood.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved