Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Counter Pudge?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Counter Pudge? 38 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » June 24, 2014 5:53pm | Report
I need help countering Pudge. Every match I've ever lost had a Pudge on the other team. Us Yzreel, if I could have a thorough explanation or if Bunkansee could right a humorous yet helpful tip as they always seem to do it would be much appreciated. Any help at all would be good, quite frankly.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 24, 2014 6:03pm | Report
Try Morphling. Waveform to dodge hooks, and Morph Strength Gain works while Dismembered, and after his combo you can kill him pretty easily. Anyone that can survive Pudge's combo will kill him.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » June 24, 2014 6:12pm | Report
Clockwerk can make Pudge have a bad time in lane with his cogs. Pudge ain't nothing but a massive target without mana.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » June 24, 2014 6:48pm | Report
Silencer is a ***** to him just spam CotS

Lifestealer is a good carry counter to him.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 24, 2014 8:08pm | Report
If you are talking about laning, the mid-heroes that I think can outlane pudge and get thorough usage for being mid hero (okay, actually most mid hero can if they are good at evading hooks) are Silencer (like stated, curse of the silence make him a panicking hooker, and thus easy to evade. Or if he chose not to hook, well... Bye-bye mana), outworld devourer (good player can Astral Imprisonment and escape hook attempt, while using it to drain Pudge's already low int, and Arcane Orb is a *****), Queen of Pain is also good since she can Blink out of any hook attempt, while Puck is also great since (s)he can Phase Shift any hook attempt, and Waning Rift if (s)he got caught to prevent Dismember. The least popular counter is probably Bloodseeker, since he is you know, useless. Nonetheless, Bloodrage is a 6-9 seconds silence and Pudge is useless without Meat Hook. If morhpling decide to take mid, Pudge can also cry because of reason stated above, clockwer as well.

If you are talking about overall game, Doom is unquestionable, Lifestealer and Huskar can both be strong carry against him, outworld devourer is still a ***** late game, Omniknight and Dazzle can turn his world upside down, while lycanthrope, Undying, Invoker and the such are very annoying because their units can stop his supposedly landing hook. However, I would say that any hero can counter Pudge as long as there are faithful supports who spends alot of money for Observer Ward
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » June 24, 2014 11:38pm | Report
Nobody gonna mention Shadow Demon mid against pudge? Level up that soul catcher and watch him rot away.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » June 24, 2014 11:50pm | Report

Nobody gonna mention Shadow Demon mid against pudge? Level up that soul catcher and watch him rot away.

you can mention a ton of heroes that can beat him in mid.
but the true counter to pudge are good observer wards.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » June 25, 2014 12:06am | Report
wards ....wards....wards....wards....wards

pudge makes his living off people who dont buy wards... clear example was the last game i played versing a pudge, i went support AA (doesnt happen often) bought wards constantly pudge ended up 4-16-8 and he was a good pudge.

if you can see if ... he cant land a hook since you should be moving outisde its range as soon as you see him and with wards .... you can seee hiiiimmmmmm :D :D

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 25, 2014 12:18am | Report
Maybe Clinkz? Use consume creep to get some much needed health before you go up against pudge, then just skeleton walk away* (copyrighted)

*(idea has not been tested may result in a failure terms and conditions may apply)*

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 25, 2014 12:19am | Report
Well skeleton walk away if your health is too low anyway.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved