Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best strength, agility, and intelligence laners?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Best strength, agility, and intelligence laners? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seryuu-kun » February 11, 2015 6:36pm | Report
If you had to the best/most successful laning heroes (in terms of zoning, mobility, last hitting, and all around proficiency) from the strength, agility, and intelligence categories, which heroes would you pick?

For strength, I'd have to say either Undying or Earth Spirit, leaning more towards Undying. He absolutely demolishes squishier heroes with constant Decay stack, and the Tombstone slow is ridiculously good at punishing pushers once multiple stacks are up.

For agility I'd say Brood. Easy lane control with early mana problems being the only real issue. It also helps that nearly every other agility is either a ganker or carry, with the exception of few.

Intelligence is more difficult because a lot of intelligence heroes are very strong in lane; realistically, i'd put Silencer, Outworld, Puck, and QoP as the absolute best. Maybe Batrider. They all have spammable abilities that make laning against them very hard, most of them downright annoying.

Seryuu-kun

Steam: Lord Papaya the Almighty
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 11, 2015 6:40pm | Report
Strength: Undying and Timbersaw are by far the best. Tiny is also a beast, but needs too much mana.

Intelligence: Outworld devourer, Skywrath Mage and Batrider are the best laners. no doubt.

Agility: Weaver, Viper and Broodmother come to mind.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » February 11, 2015 6:49pm | Report
Sand King for strength. His sandstorm is such a pain in terms of zoning out and farming in lane. Burrowstrike to initiate or escape. He's actually a very good farmer.

Troll Warlord for Agility. Troll can last hit with ease due to his melee/range swap. He can easily zone out most other heroes with pure harass.

Jakiro for Intelligence. Good zoner and pusher with Liquid fire, decent last hitter.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ashwinthegrim » February 11, 2015 7:17pm | Report
Add Huskar for str laners.. Early game Burning Spears are a pain to deal with..

ashwinthegrim

Notable (7)
Steam: Grim
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » February 11, 2015 7:26pm | Report
Laners. Hmmm... depends what you mean.

Undying is no doubt one of the best strength laners, capable of destroying trilanes solo.
Io is a great 'laner,' keeping your carry healthy is a great way to lane.
Kunkka is an annoying laner, Tidebringer hurts.

Bane is not bad at all, losing 30 damage makes it incredibly difficult to last-hit, even with lots of skill. Nightmare sets plays up, and once he hits six... bye bye dual lane.
Lich is a very very good laner simply because of Sacrifice. Denying a creep every 30 seconds or so and pulling the wave back is nothing to sneeze at.
Queen of Pain is not bad, Shadow Strike is pretty strong.

Venomancer is a great lane dominate-r with Plague Wards zoning out the enemy.
The others I were going to list here were mentioned already.

Str: Undying
Int: Lich
Agi: Veno

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » February 11, 2015 7:54pm | Report
Looks like a fun thread we got here.

Strength: Undying is top dog in terms of damage and kill potential.
Huskar burns hard and fast, very annoying.
Abyssal Underlord can out last hit every hero in the game while zoning them out.
Axe beats pretty much all other melee heroes in lane.

Agility: Gyrocopter as the amazing lane killer.
Viper as the guy you want a restraining order against.
Razor as the master damage thief in 1v1s.

Intelligence: Shadow Shaman offers a super powerful stun, making him a deadly killer.
Lich is the king harasser who never runs out of mana.
Outworld Devourer will smash your puny minds if you're solo and not someone like Huskar or Razor.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » February 12, 2015 3:01am | Report
I'm going to list the best/my favourites:
Strength - Undying here. I love the guy. If they could do something to stop him dropping off so hard though...
Timbersaw is a great laner. You really want him solo, cos when he has Chakram and a Soul Ring he is a force.
Surprised Axe hasn't been mentioned. I think in 1v1 lanes (against most heroes) he is very strong with the Battle Hunger build. If you are against melee, win. Ranged, but not a Viper/ Windranger style lane dominator, and you can still dominate the creep wave.

Agility - Not my widest hero pool here... Venomancer is a strong shout though. the Plague Wards just give such a strong presence that not many can fight into.
Just for laning i would have to put Viper in as well. I dont think he is a great hero when the game goes past 30 mins, but early game he is a beast.

Intelligence - Warlock is not bad at all. Shadow Word is a huge pain early on, and great sustain. Fatal Bonds can help keep them zoned as well. And he has a great attack animation.
Windranger is a nightmare to deal with for most heores. I don't play her but had to put her in form experience.
Witch Doctor with everything at his disposal. Paralyzing Cask for creepuilibrium, Maledict for harass and Voodoo Restoration for sustain. Then when you get Death Ward you have great solo kill potential.
Special mention to Winter Wyvern as well. I haven't played DotA1, so haven't played him, but he sounds like he is going to be an awesome hero in lane. Cant wait to give him a go.

All the W's for Int heroes there... Baring in mind, i do think that OD would out last hit/deny all of these, but for everything into consideration i believe these are better.
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » February 12, 2015 4:30am | Report
Don't forget Lich is still Mr Buzz Killington in terms of wrecking your XP/Gold income even if you're not getting blasted in the face with Ice regularly...

Bane can also be a real pain with an early point in Enfeeble if you rely on your right click to farm. Followed up with a Soul Ring/ Brain Sap combo and it gets really unpleasant...
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cataclysm2146 » February 12, 2015 6:29am | Report
Str would def be Undying. Steal str, punch things, repeat until you have 1.2k hp at level 1.

Agi would be Razor because he steals your damage.

Int has a ton of outlaning machines, including:
KoTL because he has infinite mana and an ultra-super nuke
CM because she has a ton of mana and a ton of disable
Lich because sacrafice and ice blast are too stronk
Bane because he turns your dual lane into two disabled people
Lion because he has nearly unlimited mana and a nuke
OD because AHHH MY INT
Skywrath because spammy nuke
Batrider if you don't have a magic stick
QoP because shadow strike prevents salving and deals a lot of damage

Special mention to AA, who makes trilanes nearly unstoppable, and visage, the god of trilane fights

Cataclysm2146

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 12, 2015 6:36am | Report
Cuttleboss wrote:

Shadow Shaman offers a super powerful stun, making him a deadly killer.

That is actually a pretty weak laner. No harass, mana hungry, squishy, low movement speed..

And his strongest stun is unreliable and has a short cast range.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved