Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Something needs change.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Support » Something needs change. 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » December 1, 2011 4:07pm | Report
Atlas wrote:

I think everything you explained is right, to an extent, though maybe exaggerated a little. The new editors... no idea why they were even needed, all but one I never even saw around here. Not to mention they really weren't needed all that much. Now half of the entire DOTAFire site is editors.

Admins really do need to stop by more often.

Fights aren't that common really, just a few happened and half of those got out of hand. Others were just the internet doing what it does best.

This.

Fusio mainly hit the nails on the head but I wouldn't take the accusations to that extreme aside from the editors being promoted with little to no screening. I also agree that there should be 1-2 moderators that can handle disputes and carry out ruling.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Plasmodium » December 1, 2011 4:08pm | Report
If I had the power, all of those comments for the guide would have been moved to the guide discussion thread...

Unfortunately Loveless god bless his soul, was baited into that, although most of the comments on the guide were some well constructed arguments, although were slightly trollish, a lot were mainly peoples own opinions, and they shouldn't have gotten so heated...

I agree that there should be some more authoritative oversight to even just move arguments to the "discussion thread"
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Plasmodium

Notable (13)
Steam: RetrtoTvirus
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » December 1, 2011 10:52pm | Report
The admins here are doing a great job in making sure that the site will be functional for the release of 1.0. As we can see most of the features that will be used the most are already up and working!

What we really need to see and what I think FuSioN and a lot of other members will appreciate is forum moderators. As anyone who is familiar with forums will understand moderators are seperate from the administrative class and handle all the minor disagreements that could potentially make the website look bad.

Obviously I would imagine there would be the ability to modify discussions on guides to if they were to get out of hand like some have.

EDIT: On that note, whilst I don't post often I do read nearly every post made on the forums and am active at all kinds of weird hours :P throwing my hand up for Moderator if a position is available :)

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Plasmodium » December 1, 2011 11:26pm | Report
I think everyone just needs to calllllmmmm down. You don't scream at a new born for doing something wrong, as this sight is so young, we can expect it to grow into a strong forum with moderators and special abilities to enlarge parts of your body as well as get plenty of girlfriends for us all.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Plasmodium

Notable (13)
Steam: RetrtoTvirus
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » December 1, 2011 11:29pm | Report
Quoted:

I think everyone just needs to calllllmmmm down. You don't scream at a new born for doing something wrong, as this sight is so young, we can expect it to grow into a strong forum with moderators and special abilities to enlarge parts of your body as well as get plenty of girlfriends for us all.

This post deserves +rep.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » December 2, 2011 1:08am | Report
(Moved to support topic)

FuSioN, wow! I really appreciate your passion. We will do our best to meet everyone's standards as this community grows!

This site is still under heavy construction. I just got the rest of the admin and mod tools ported over this week and now I'm setting up the report tools, it should be up Monday or Tuesday. At that point virago as well as FlashJ and myself will be keeping a close eye on the reports. We had focused on the content features so that you guys actually have a reason to be here :) Now that you're here, we are focusing on the administration and moderation controls.

If you're not familiar with MOBAFire let me give you a quick summary of our report system. You will see report links pop up on everything - comments, guides, videos, streams, user profiles, etc... Clicking one of these links will bring you to a page where you can explain in detail what your issue is before submitting. Your report will then show up as a counter at the top of the site, just like unread messages do, for all mods and admins. The counter does not go down until the report has been dealt with and closed. Reports are clustered together by the target user, so if the same user gets reported multiple times for different reasons we build up a history on that user and can take more drastic measures if necessary. If a user gets reported and the issue is dealt with and closed, then they get reported again, they will get bumped again and the counter will tick so all the mods and admins know.

As the mods from MOBAFire will attest, our report system is a unique and extremely powerful tool. It will make a huge difference as it allows one person to handle a much larger volume of complaints.

Regarding moderators, we've had several requests from people that are interested in the role. We plan on promoting some mods soon but we want to make sure we get the right people. We are happy to have more Editors, but moderators need to be very carefully selected. If we got this kind of reaction just from promoting a hand full database helpers, imagine what is going to happen if you guys don't like the mods we choose :P

That being said, if anyone wants to nominate a potential mod from within this community that you think would do a great job, go ahead and PM me, your input will be greatly appreciated :)

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved