Invoker build for low MMR (An extension to Day Stalker by Grimorum).
August 21, 2015
What does low MMR mean?
- Little to no warding.
- Little to no team coordination.
- New players, who tend to overextend and do mistakes.
What does it mean for Invoker?
- Your Ghost Walk is rarely countered and you have not enough vision to properly cast combos.
- Your initiation can be ignored by your team.
- You can pick certain enemies to consume on a regular basis (feed on).
One of the solutions of this problem is going for an assassin-type Invoker
with Crowd Control. This is the type, that I present to you here.
Zero phase (levels 1-3).
- Block creeps.
- Lasthit, deny, harass with 3 Exort orbs, keep the creepwave on high ground, closer to your tower.
Main phase - after Orchid.
You have two choices now: shutdown enemy carries farming/jungling, push towers or free problematic lanes of your allies from enemy groups.
To shutdown an enemy carry farming/jungling:
- Ensure, that they are farming/jungling alone.
- Invoke Cold Snap and Ghost Walk, call 3 Wex orbs, cast Ghost Walk.
- Move close to your target, but be sure, that you do not slow any of units, that they can see ( Ghost Walk slow range is 400).
- Cast Orchid Malevolence and Cold Snap on them, start autoattacking.
- Invoke Alacrity, cast on yourself, call 3 Wex orbs and continue autoattacking.
To push towers, simply cast Alacrity
on yourself and call 3 Wex
orbs while autoattacking towers (you should melt them down very quickly with some creeps).
To free problematic lanes, use the same Tornado
- Deafening Blast
combo and cast Orchid Malevolence
on the most important to kill targets before Tornado
connects with them.
If you are successful (relatively quick Desolator
), then build into a hard rightclicker. Alacrity
+ Mask of Madness
= insane physical damage.
If you are not successful, then revert to the combo-caster and hope, that you have luck with your team.
As soon as you get Scythe of Vyse
, cast it on the most dangerous targets in teamfights.