Down the Drain (Roaming™)
March 31, 2013
Just builds, mostly
*Skillbuilds 2 and 3 apply to 1 and 4 for alternatives.
Standard/traditional(?) stuff. Not much to say here.
Generally my default/things-aren't-going-that-well build. Urn helps if you have the extra money for it, but it's optional. Medallion is nice if you're at the point where you're only there for the swap + stun, and if you are going to die anyway after the swap.
Oh, about W vs E.
W does a small amount of damage, and the damage bonus you get from E is generally higher than W. W gives you vision, stops most potions that I'm aware of, and doesn't require you to be next to the person you are attacking with (i.e. attacking an enemy from the opposite side of an ally, or just not wanting to get closer to melee range).
It's really a preference of damage over convenience.
Get bottle anyway, you should have other supports. Have someone else buy wards, too.
Medallion if you aren't getting fed (transitions into build 1).
Bloodstone is helpful if you can get keep an 'okay' number of stacks on it. Try to get it before the really important team fights happen later. The idea is that you still get EXP after you die if you suicide swap, and if your team is initiated on or someone is picked off you can swap-save them if they are important. If (or rather, when) you die, the heal would actually do something productive at that point.
Soul Ring helps if you would barely survive an aoe ult like from Sand King (not sure why they'd just have an SK without a 'hard'/'real' initiator). Try to get a stun off if you can, but make sure you use SR before most of the damage is done so you can heal part of it back to your team.
Linken's if you are, for some reason, important (fed).
Refresher for laughs. I generally get Aghs with it, as well.
BoT for positioning and being able to buyback > tp... or just tp in general.
Manta clones should benefit from your aura, and even if they don't it's still a decent item. Swap > manta > run out/fight.
Skadi makes chases easier so you don't need to wait for CD's or waste mana/CD's.
Dagon is Dagon. Get it if you need extra burst damage or whatever. Mainly for laughs.
1. Easy lane is the easiest to gank (hurr), and even easier if hard lane is your solo lane. Although, I find it better if easy lane was solo with a good stun (or two stuns/disables), that way you can attempt to gank either lane more equally often.
2. If mid is being stubborn about runes, then fight for them. GO TEAMWORK!
If they're sensible you should just politely ask if you could have the rune if they are there, or if they want it when you don't need it.
3. Communication is generally more important than it normally is.
4. Try to give other people kills (obviously). If you can't help it, though, just kill them. Gold is gold.
5. Your W stops salves, clarity potions, and bottle charges. It goes much farther than your auto attack range, so keep that in mind when lurking or harassing! It also gives you vision, so it isn't that bad of a scouting tool at night or when you think someone is hiding in some trees/higher platforms.