200 matches Pudge User's Guide
June 17, 2015
There are a lot of different early game item builds for pudge, but these i recommended is what i felt the most stable one, and should be able to let you survive in most of the game condition.
Pudge himself has skills with high damage that enough to take an enemy down in early game, in this way, hunting others have to be your top priority!! much more as I just mentioned, our main gold income is killing other heroes in game :)
Also, everyone knows that pudge has low mana pool, with bottle and roaming between runes can solve this problem effectively, as for me i rarely felt mana is insufficient to use.
Okay, no more trashtalking, lets go straight to the point!
- always eat a tango before you go to fight your enemy at mid
- if possible, plant a ward at high ground to see enemy's position at night (after 4:00 mins)
- adding rot at level 3 really deals more damage than adding meat hook
- get bottle and tranquil boot within 6mins, please try your best :)
- try to get a dagger
- plant obs in their nc and smoke. WHY? Obs and smoke can highly increases your hunting success rate, if you felt its a waste of money, you can go ****ing pick lifestealer and farming nc for the whole game, this can even save more money as you don't have to buy morbid mask.
- obs=75, smoke=100, killing hero average get 400 now, i mean, seriously, if you cannot calculate..
- get a scepter,this is highly recommended as pudge usually becomes weaker in late game,
scepter can enable him to get more kills and more survivable
For 25 mins and after, its depend on your performance in early and mid game.
If you are killing a lot, just keep killing. As you have scepter you must have become stronger.
If you are not, goodluck and just stay back and hook your teammate back from fight haha.
- when you're trying to hook, be confident, as soon as the chance comes, JUST THROW YOUR HOOK
- saving mana is not what you should do, you won't be able to master hook if you didn't fail enough times.
- map awareness is highly important for pudge, alaways seek for vulnerable single target, avoid being killed back by prey and his teammates.
- try to dive in tier 2 tower to hook vulnerable enemies, what you need is an obs to reveal the area, and a tp scroll to tp back after you killed one of them.
- hook enemy's damage dealer (sniper, invoker, earthershaker) in teamfight.
About Latest Dota Game Style
I have played 200++ matches as pudge, and think that myself is experienced enough to write a guide for him. (my mmr is currently around 4.0k)
Before starting this guide, i have to clarify that my english level is really not that high, as its not my first language.
Considering this is a game guide, i'll try to use the simplest words as i could without causing any misunderstanding to you guys! :)
After 6.84 update, we get less gold by farming in game, killing other heroes in teamfight, instead, has become our main gold income.
It is very important to aware this, so that my mid game item build can make sense to those who always reluctant to buy consumable items.