Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Weird/unusual item builds.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Weird/unusual item builds. 28 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » April 12, 2013 7:24pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

You are mocking the hero with that build.What is the benefit except the Eblade that gibes +40 AGI(and the NUKE).Where is the DPS?

Are you joking? He has Reflection which scales off the enemy's DPS, Metamorphosis gives you a bonus 80 attack damage, and Sunder is an ability that scales into any point in the game.

Its an anti-carry build, and counters any losing situation with an instagib. Its the single target equivalent of Darkseer, just pure anti-win.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » April 13, 2013 12:26pm | Report
xCO2 wrote:

Are you joking? He has Reflection which scales off the enemy's DPS, Metamorphosis gives you a bonus 80 attack damage, and Sunder is an ability that scales into any point in the game.

Its an anti-carry build, and counters any losing situation with an instagib. Its the single target equivalent of Darkseer, just pure anti-win.

1v1 Terrorblade me in W3?You go that build,and imma go the vanilla one.Its just to prove the effectiveness,gonna go with gold cheats and insta items.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » April 13, 2013 12:38pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

1v1 Terrorblade me in W3?You go that build,and imma go the vanilla one.Its just to prove the effectiveness,gonna go with gold cheats and insta items.

There's no reason to, I already know the outcome, I let you beat the **** out of me, then I ult and nuke you. You clearly just don't know what the hero does, I got that right after you said SnY was Terrorblade core. :Eyerolls:

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » April 13, 2013 12:56pm | Report
xCO2 wrote:

There's no reason to, I already know the outcome, I let you beat the **** out of me, then I ult and nuke you. You clearly just don't know what the hero does, I got that right after you said SnY was Terrorblade core. :Eyerolls:

I don't think you know the outcome.And I don't think that you can play Terrorblade.Because SnY was core,and now came back to be its core because he got back conjure immage.

Then again,it was the same thing in the Arc Warden vs Skywrath duel,its just that you wasted all your spells on my illusion.After I farmed up my Yasha,all your base belonged to me.

Oh,and I can ult too.Remeber that.Skadi+SnY is nothing to laugh at.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » April 13, 2013 2:31pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

I don't think you know the outcome.And I don't think that you can play Terrorblade.Because SnY was core,and now came back to be its core because he got back conjure immage.

Then again,it was the same thing in the Arc Warden vs Skywrath duel,its just that you wasted all your spells on my illusion.After I farmed up my Yasha,all your base belonged to me.

Oh,and I can ult too.Remeber that.Skadi+SnY is nothing to laugh at.

Reasons why you have no clue what you're talking about:

You're bringing up a completely irrelevant match between two heroes neither one of us knew how to play correctly at the time, that we were fooling around with, and one of us was not completely sober. And if I remember correctly you can't follow the rules of Mid Only.

This is followed by your inability to read the purpose of the thread, and my post. This is a thread about "Troll Building" I simply explained that Dagon is a very situational item and only a few heroes can use it effectively. Terror Blade being one of them, while it would benefit him more to just build an E-blade for the same purpose. I also said that this was used to counter single target carries, and you bring up the topic of illusions.

Furthermore, you say that I'm building no damage, when I was talking about building two nuke items, then you proceed to tell me that Skadi and SnY are core (which aren't damage items) on a hero that isn't a chasing hero, and who already has a 5 second 60% attack and movement speed slow of his own. This also contradicts your irrelevant mention of illusions, as Skadi and SnY are meant to chase single target heroes.

In addition to not knowing the hero's role or his actual vanilla build, which is either Hard Carry or Anti-Carry, you also fail to understand that you're not supposed to build extremely beefy on a hero that can instantly heal himself to full health once in a fight, or build as a chasing hero when you already have your own hard disable and are not meant to chase. He also has no need for mana, so a third of Skadi's stats is wasted, since he has low cost, high cooldown spells.

Lastly, you ask for a mirror mode match, which is completely irrelevant because that cannot happen in an actual match. Its also especially unremarkable because Terrorblade is the only one who can counter his own ultimate besides for Weaver.

If you can't agree with that, then take it up with another player and ask for their opinion, I'd be glad to hear from a reliable source that I'm wrong.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » April 14, 2013 1:02am | Report
Best rated guide on play dota.

http://www.playdota.com/guides/hardly-a-challenge

Just look,at what he says about dagon.And what he says about SnY is right,but then again,I mentioned manta too above.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » April 15, 2013 4:02am | Report
I used to play with a guy who used Dagon to one hit an enemy after swapping life with him when ganked on Terror Blade. But its really a very troll item. :P

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Drink Impossibrew » April 16, 2013 12:35am | Report
Running the Eblade nuker style gameplay would make you extremely suceptible to disables, much like huskar you need to have low health to deal the most damage and disablers hard counter heros who perform that way. Its a much safer and effective way to play by building traditional carry items such as butterfly manta SnY to buff up your stats too make the most out of your illusion.

Drink Impossibrew

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved