Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Value Necro 1 on Lone Druid?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Value Necro 1 on Lone Druid? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jackrc11 » December 29, 2015 3:07am | Report
So, a thought occurred to me as I was in a Lone Druid game. His skill Battle Cry, which comes with his ultimate, gives 90/120/150 damage to all units LD and his bear control. So, how good would a fairly early Necro 1 be just for the sake of Rabid? At level 16, that'd be 180/240/300 damage (plus the Necro damage) for 2700 gold. That's some great pushing power (assuming you can protect the Necronomicon units), at the cost of holding back the Bear's item progression. Has anyone tried it? Could it work?

jackrc11

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 29, 2015 4:27am | Report
Battle Cry only works on *nearby* units. Unlike rabid, it's not a global skill, it only affects units that are close to Lone Druid.

So it will only affect Necro units that are close to LD. There's very little benefit to this, Battle Cry already wrecks towers in seconds with only the bear.

What would be interesting would be to have the bear split push on his own (with aghs and/or radiance) and pop necrobook to push towers. But it doesn't work in that case, if the bear is alone, Battle Cry will affect neither the bear nor the necro units.

As Bulldog himself says, necrobook LD is a gimmick build and it's not recommended.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » December 29, 2015 2:18pm | Report
It sounds good, but situationally. If you can split push while the entire enemy team is off fighting so you can get your hero on the tower, it's a great item. I'm wondering how it works on illusions now.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » December 30, 2015 5:03pm | Report
With 5 years of dota, i have never seem a good or legit build on lone guy, his concept is just too strange to play with and against, no one know exatcly how to make him really efective
Top Druid players do the same build about evry game and stands bad winrate
But well lets make some cool ideas to this guy
instead of Necro, what about buy Kawai Desolator on bear ? it can easily destroy towers and synergy with druid
Also i have seem a Lone player who rushs Helm of dominator every game and he have 60 % win rate with more than 1000 games with him

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » December 31, 2015 8:10am | Report
YellulzQuiet wrote:

With 5 years of dota, i have never seem a good or legit build on lone guy, his concept is just too strange to play with and against, no one know exatcly how to make him really efective
Top Druid players do the same build about evry game and stands bad winrate
But well lets make some cool ideas to this guy
instead of Necro, what about buy Kawai Desolator on bear ? it can easily destroy towers and synergy with druid
Also i have seem a Lone player who rushs Helm of dominator every game and he have 60 % win rate with more than 1000 games with him

Or you just look at Bulldog who played that hero even in an competitive environment. There's really two builds you can do with him: You either get Radiance and split with the bear, or you get Maelstrom and Skull Basher and fight with the bear. I don't really think there is anything inbetween.

Reason you wouldn't ever need Desolator is because he already wrecks towers. In dota, (least in my opinion) - you need to compliment what the hero misses instead of making his strength even stronger. Because that strength, can so easily be exploited.

Instead, you get attack speed, for more Demolish procs, more entangling roots procs, which means more kiting. Because you don't really want to involve the druid itself in a fight unless it is super early or just a 1 on 1 with Battle Cry or just super late where both the bear and the druid have slots. You don't get much more on a druid than boots, a wand, vlads and situationally a cloak. The bear is the fight machine.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved