Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tinker wears a new pair of boots - The Build

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Tinker wears a new pair of boots - The Build 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » March 19, 2016 11:59am | Report
So, i am lazy to do a guide( Bad english, **** formating, lazy as hell), but i have an idea for Tinkerino this patch, and may serve for next patch too if OSfrog does not nerf it.

It is all around the Guardian Greaves abuse.

So, everyone plays tinker around the March, rushing Boots of travel, then Blink Dagger, and rest is situational ( often Etheral + dagon), this often requires a ton of space created, your early kill potential goes down as you will need to max March to Farm and you will be without HP making you easily killed.

Then i dont agree with the normal build right now, 15 min in you have a lot of action going on, you cant rush bots anymore and farm all around the map, you should be helping your team with push, gank and other things.

So i would sugest to rush Guardian Greaves + Wand + Soul Ring for infinite mana, so you can be active around the map, you will have so much HP to survive nukes, an hell of a aura for your team and INFINITE MANA.

So what you guys think ? Max Laser and Missils first i would suggest as you be active, pick the second level of ult when you have GG boots, then buy Blink and aghs, the rest is situational.

What do you guys thought of this build ? how can i improve it ? does i do this Mid or offlane ?

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 19, 2016 12:51pm | Report
I get where you're coming from. Yes, Guardian Greaves can be rearmed, so Tinker will get the 160 mana as much as he wants. Sure you get the heal only once, but still it's as good as any other greaves carrier.

But then, greaves are like a second Soul Ring. 160 mana each rearm. It's not bad, but is it really worth 5300 gold? Soul ring is good because it's only 800 gold. But 5300 gold for a similar effect? You could have BoTs, blink, and staff of wizardry for this price.

Tinker needs BoTs and blink to make the most of his skillset. He can have that stuff at 15 mins easily. Why try to craft a Tinker build for early game impact when the usual build...already has that?

At 15 mins, you have blink and BoTs, and your skill build is something like 4/2/4/1, 4/4/2/1, 4/3/3/1 or similar. It's really not too much to assume that you're level 11 at that point. Whether you go laser/march, laser/rocket or rocket/march...in any case you're only missing 2 skill points in your first skills at most.

Essentially, how does Tinker lack early game impact? He needs ~15 minutes of laning/farming to come online, not more than that. Also, what kind of garbage Tinker does nothing but AFK farm all game? If a guy plays Tinker like Anti-Mage, he's a terrible player, that's all there is to it. Tinker *is* supposed to assist his team, otherwise what's the point of having global presence and nukes?

Essentially my issue is that your build is more greedy than the standard build (greaves + BoTs is 3K gold more expensive than blink + BoTs, with a worse buildup). It's not an earlier impact build, it's actually a more farm-intensive build.

The earliest impact Tinker build is to go laser-rocket and rush BoTs, and this build can start making space at the 10 min mark easily.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » March 19, 2016 12:57pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

I get where you're coming from. Yes, Guardian Greaves can be rearmed, so Tinker will get the 160 mana as much as he wants. Sure you get the heal only once, but still it's as good as any other greaves carrier.

But then, greaves are like a second Soul Ring. 160 mana each rearm. It's not bad, but is it really worth 5300 gold? Soul ring is good because it's only 800 gold. But 5300 gold for a similar effect? You could have BoTs, blink, and staff of wizardry for this price.

Tinker needs BoTs and blink to make the most of his skillset. He can have that stuff at 15 mins easily. Why try to craft a Tinker build for early game impact when the usual build...already has that?

At 15 mins, you have blink and BoTs, and your skill build is something like 4/2/4/1, 4/4/2/1, 4/3/3/1 or similar. It's really not too much to assume that you're level 11 at that point. Whether you go laser/march, laser/rocket or rocket/march...in any case you're only missing 2 skill points in your first skills at most.

Essentially, how does Tinker lack early game impact? He needs ~15 minutes of laning/farming to come online, not more than that. Also, what kind of garbage Tinker does nothing but AFK farm all game? If a guy plays Tinker like Anti-Mage, he's a terrible player, that's all there is to it. Tinker *is* supposed to assist his team, otherwise what's the point of having global presence and nukes?

Essentially my issue is that your build is more greedy than the standard build (greaves + BoTs is 3K gold more expensive than blink + BoTs, with a worse buildup). It's not an earlier impact build, it's actually a more farm-intensive build.

The earliest impact Tinker build is to go laser-rocket and rush BoTs, and this build can start making space at the 10 min mark easily.

Yeah, you are right dotatamer, but can you explain me why tinker is not meta right now ?

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 20, 2016 3:48am | Report
In this patch? Because magic resistant jungle stacks. The big strength of Tinker is that he can flashfarm in the early game with march, and now it takes way too long to kill stacks. He was indirectly nerfed in 6.86.
Besides, he loses mid to the most common mids like Invoker, DP, TA, etc. And safe lane Tinker is no longer viable since the 3 camps on Radiant were moved.

Also Bottle nerfs.

He's a perfectly playable hero don't take me wrong. If you're a good Tinker you can play him in pubs and win a lot of games. He's just not picked in competitive because he can't farm as much as he used to.

Laser range buff turned him into a pretty viable lane dominator if you want to go laser/rocket though.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » March 20, 2016 4:42am | Report
YELLUZ?
You were the guy on reddit (true dota) who suggested it?
I ****in knew it!
But Hamster is right. Tinker can't farm that good anymore. And getting loads of gold is essentially what this hero is about.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved