Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Dragon and the Drow (D n' D) Draft

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » The Dragon and the Drow (D n' D) Draft 17 posts - page 2 of 2

Poll Question:

Is this draft idea viable?
Yes
Yes if some picks are changed
No
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » May 29, 2015 12:55pm | Report
You need to pick Chen as your second support; DK + Chen is the most effective deathball combo in this meta, and Drow Ranger just takes that up a level.

Tide as an offlaner is kinda meh atm because the hero is kind of meh. Like... you don't need the big team-fight ability, because you are so much stronger at that period of time than practically any other line-up, unless they have depush, and lots of it (Like KotL levels).

Like Mid DK doesn't need to achive much, he just needs to spam Breathe Fire, get CS, and then push post 6. Especially since Chen can get a Wildwing or Harpy to assist him mid (Which wins so many match-ups, it's one of the reasons Chen is great) whilst he stacks to keep up his farm.

If you can get away with it, Puck is the perfect offlaner for this strat, if not, you pick like Phoenix because you want a ranged offlane to benefit from the damage aura, and thus trade well with supports and get more CS than he should. Essentially your offlaner needs to make chaos happen in the fights, and have area control or area denial. Like Drow Ranger just wants room to right click, and DK is your frontliner, so a bit more space/chaos suddenly makes your team fight really silly.

Like this draft should be taking racks by 25 minutes, not dragging things out late. Drow is terrible late game in proportion to the mid game.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » May 29, 2015 1:24pm | Report
Dk plus chen is indeed very strong, butwhat are the chances of a good chen player?

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » May 29, 2015 1:39pm | Report
masaaki14 wrote:

Dk plus chen is indeed very strong, butwhat are the chances of a good chen player?

Low. But we are talking idealistically.

You could also learn the Chen - Like a well played Chen is terrifying, and can probably win a loooot of games regardless of your level.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » May 29, 2015 2:02pm | Report
Currently in training, but i doubt i can do much with a mac

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » May 29, 2015 3:21pm | Report
Aside Visage, everyone on this draft sucks to magical damage( yeah the current meta, what a coincidence), you will need a bkb rush dk, a mana boots meka pipe chen, and puck seems good as silence helps a lot

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » May 29, 2015 4:05pm | Report
Or just a straight up silencer?

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » May 30, 2015 1:34pm | Report
YellulzQuiet wrote:

Aside Visage, everyone on this draft sucks to magical damage( yeah the current meta, what a coincidence), you will need a bkb rush dk, a mana boots meka pipe chen, and puck seems good as silence helps a lot

dunno if that was necessarily the issue here. To me it just seems like textbook outdraft from the radiant. They can stop 5 man pushes easily with heavy teamfighting and waveclear, while Clock and to some extend Sandking can easily gank splitpushers (which i guess was the idea behind the NP pick)

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved