Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Support Alchemist in pubs

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Support Alchemist in pubs 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » January 14, 2015 10:56pm | Report
Just as the title suggests, is the support Alchemist still viable in this meta?
I mean he will be one of the greedy supports, his passive makes that fairly easy. I know there was a time when he was played as a semi support (6.79 I think), but I did not play dota much at that time so I do not know what to skill and build on him even if it were viable. I think that he would stack and clear the ancients with the Acid Spray and his ultimate and passive (like a Tidehunter) and that the Unstable Concoction should be maxed first for obvious reasons, but then what after that?

Thoughts?

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 14, 2015 11:00pm | Report
**** hero dont consider playing

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » January 14, 2015 11:09pm | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

**** hero dont consider playing

WOW, not a response which I expected.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 14, 2015 11:14pm | Report

WOW, not a response which I expected.

Alchemist needs 6 slots to fight as if he had 4.
Troll Warlord needs 4 slots to fight as if he had 6.
Choose your destiny, also Alch had his farming ability buffed, while his concortion was haveily nerfed, so he is not a support, but a poor carry that only wins if he is not touched for 30 minutes.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 14, 2015 11:15pm | Report
when put in other words, ^

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 14, 2015 11:35pm | Report
You know waht?
ALCHEMIST IS *****.
He was phased out of meta. He has severe HP and Armor problems right now.
With a heart and AC, you have 3 slots left for other things for you to SURVIVEE, let alone manfight.
BKB, mjollnir and Basher/Abyssal.

And then? you still get kited to hell, you have a double edge sward that stuns you for 4 seconds.
If you get basher and not BKB first you suck for getting shot down. If you get bkb first, boo hoo you have 110 damage on your right click.

And dont even ask me about his armor hell. Frikkin hp regen cannot be equated with armor ********it.

The way i see it. He needs the agi boosted to 2.2-2.5, and you can compensate by nerfing the base attack time to 1.2 and increase the duration as it is skilled gradually.

Or even better solution is to port him to agility heroes. That way he can have damage from agility and benefits from a yasha ,a butterfly more so than he benefits from heart as a strength carry. Skadi will become legit on him.

TL;DR He sucks right now. With 6 items in mid game you will still lose to a faceless void having just a maelstrom , mask of madness and crystalys. virtuous as it may be for you to suggest supporting, a carry is always a carry. You wont like medusa supporting juggernaut just for her ulti do ya?
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » January 14, 2015 11:38pm | Report
Alright, not gonna play him then.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 14, 2015 11:39pm | Report
good for you. You will be disappointed when you find that you went the fastest 6 slots of your life and still threw.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 14, 2015 11:42pm | Report
also, his winrate is 41% i think.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 14, 2015 11:59pm | Report
Over-nerfed ganking support that drops off HARD past 20 minutes because he has no farm. Why do you want to play that useless hero again? As a support he's really an underpowered version of Vengeful Spirit or Naga Siren who also have a good stun and armor reducton, however Venge and Naga have an ultimate, Alch doesn't.

If you want to roam with carries, try to do this with those who scale better with low farm. Like, a level 11 Chaos Knight or Sven with drum as only item is really scary. A level 11 Alch with drum as only item is a joke.

TLDR : Ask Volvo for a major buff.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved