Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

suggestions

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » suggestions 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » March 17, 2015 12:32am | Report
Hi guys smuggler here!

This guide is an in depth look at “How to Solo Offlane” by the one and only me.

why would you know how to offlane?

Good question! Because I am a solo offlaner. “you name it I can offlane it!” is my motto.
Im 3552 MMR solo offlaner and I play solo offlane for my team. ive had a coaching sessions with purge, WAYTO and KIRKZ (6k solo offlaner). i love the solo offlane because it is the only lane where you not only have to focus on surviving but you have to do so against 3 other players (most of the time). You have to get into the mindset of “COME AT MEEE BROOOO” and among other things you must be aware at all times. It is probably the hardest position to do since one mistake and you’re dead. No back up, no safety, no easy lane, ez mmr, gg wp. By dying in the offlane you are doing what you absolutely do NOT want to do: Feed the enemy carry/supports. If you die in the offlane more then once you have lost that lane. You have such a small advantage over them that any kind of loss means your not going to do very well. But I digress I shall now go over what to expect in this guide.

1. How to Offlane Basics

- Heroes
- Goals
- Mindset
- Positioning

2. Advanced Positioning

- Where to go
- What to do
- Why/when

3. Advanced tactics for 3 heroes

- Centuar Warrunner
- Tidehunter
- Puck

(the reason for these three different heroes is because they all have such different offlane playstyles)

in this guide there will be small videos and images off pathing and what to do where, i also shall be doing a running Q and A section.

So ^ this is basically what im going to do.

what are peoples suggestions to add?
any thoughts on it?
queries?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » March 17, 2015 1:55am | Report
I don't know if you're going to add this into the advanced positioning section, but maybe talk about the offlane pull. It's a nifty trick that can seriously mess with their pulls.

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » March 17, 2015 1:58am | Report
Looking forward for your guide :D

You probably need to add how to dual offlane, and how to zone enemies' safe laners out from farm.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » March 17, 2015 2:03am | Report
MrLocket wrote:

Looking forward for your guide :D

You probably need to add how to dual offlane, and how to zone enemies' safe laners out from farm.

this will mostly be focusing on the Solo offlane, dual laning is pretty normal for most people and unless its draft specific like lich bristle then i think most would know what to do.

BKvoiceover wrote:

I don't know if you're going to add this into the advanced positioning section, but maybe talk about the offlane pull. It's a nifty trick that can seriously mess with their pulls.

-BK

if your talking about the creep pull? the it only works on radiant offlane and i shall be adding it to that area, if your talking about the lane creep cut or the enemy pull "pull" then yes i shall be adding them also :)

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 17, 2015 2:25am | Report
if your lazy *** needs help, pm me.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » March 17, 2015 3:58am | Report
Sounds very good. I know some people who might be interested in reading it.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » March 17, 2015 8:20am | Report
sounds terrific. i now remember that one game. Fedorable sure could learn another thing or two if he read the guide. dat stolen mana though. poor centaur.

also smuggles:

WHERE THE HELL IS THE PUDGE GUIDE YOU PROMISEEEEED
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved