Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Spectre needs change???

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Spectre needs change??? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ollo » January 13, 2016 9:49am | Report
Spectre is one the best Carries of Dota history. But its getting really hard to play with Spectre recently with all the cahnges. Spectre has no farm tool and and very low base damage. People who played with Spectre recently know how hard it became to play with Spectre. SO I propose a minor Change in her skill set which will give her a decent chance.

All I am asking to change her SKILL 2: Desolate.

Current Skill: Desolate: Deals bonus damage whenever Spectre attacks an enemy who is alone.
Radius: 325
Damage: 20/35/50/65

Proposed Skill: Desolate: Deals bonus damage whenever Spectre attacks an enemy. Bonus Damage is reduced by 20% for every allied unit nearby.
Radius: 325
Damage: 20/35/50/65

It will be like AM's Mana Burn or Ursa's #rd skill Fury Swipes which will apply on every auto-attack depending on the allied unit within the Radius.
This will give Spectre the necessary buff to farm and have some sort of lane presence in the lane.

What do you think guys???

ollo

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 13, 2016 11:38am | Report
ollo wrote:

Spectre has no farm tool

This used to be true. But no longer.

Desolate works on jungle creeps now. That's a farming tool. Max Desolate first, buy an Iron Talon and a Morbid Mask, and you can jungle extremely fast with the hero.

There's no point buffing Desolate to be a farming skill, this was already done in 6.85.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » January 13, 2016 12:00pm | Report
Spectre is fine.

The best pub carry does not need buffs. Dispersion with Vanguard lets you farm stacks, she is decent with Midas, Desolate lets you kill creeps, and also, its a part of Spectre that she farms slowly, because she scales better with farm than any other hero except perhaps Dusa and CK, and gets easy assist gold with her ult.

Like, if you can't farm Radiance, a Mjollnir is fine on her too. Iron Talon is a nice gift of this patch to help Spectres as well. I'm not seeing this pandemic of her being too bad at farming unless you just keep running into deadly aggressive offlanes.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ollo » January 13, 2016 10:27pm | Report
Thats right. But I was more concerned about her lane presence than farmning. And making her desolate works in every attack will make her viable. Though desolate damage will decrease by 20% for every allied unit nearby. It will give her some chance against ganks, a little bit lane control, a fighting chance against manta heroes and heroes with illusions. Right now, spec is pretty broke to me, particularly after last update. New map has more dark spots and Gankers love to lick on Spec every now and than due to the fact that desolate doesnt work even a single allied unit is near.

ollo

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved