Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Shadow Fiend and friends

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Shadow Fiend and friends 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » January 20, 2014 7:52pm | Report
With the strength of this patch being deathball essentially, I'm trying to piece together ways to maximize the effectiveness of Shadow Fiend without really having to play too passive, and wait for key items. Heroes like Magnus come to mind to force enemies close together with Reverse Polarity to maximize the damage output from Requiem of Souls. In a tri core lineup though, having a nevermore safe lane doesn't sit well with me, when it could be utilized for another carry such as Luna or Gyrocopter to add more oomph to the nuke party. Toss in a Lich and Crystal Maiden and there's some synergy. It just seems that running a mag solo while CM jungles, and an SF mid means a hero like Lich would lose effectiveness, considering how powerful Chain Frost is early, and how much of a bully he can be in lane. Thoughts?
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » January 21, 2014 2:29am | Report
Naga + Dis Raptor to initiate, then you can use any hero you really want to deal damage, be it SF or Gyro. Tested myself :)

EDIT. You can add Dark Seer for guaranteed much enemies in wall.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 21, 2014 3:01am | Report
you could also do it with jakiro and maybe throw a dark seer in the mix.
but a naga ult ending at the perfect time would be the prettyest.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » January 21, 2014 3:15am | Report
Naga Siren sounds dirty in that comp, especially with Disruptor. I'm still leaning for Lich I feel like Dark Seer is a shadow of what he was.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 21, 2014 4:07am | Report
sulaxrox wrote:

Naga Siren sounds dirty in that comp, especially with Disruptor. I'm still leaning for Lich I feel like Dark Seer is a shadow of what he was.

well he mainly got inderect nerfs, since he was so good at the jungle. but now that the hard lane is easier people just tend to use mainly clockwork timbersaw and bristleback. this is the same reason batrider isnt used in the offlane/jungle anymore.

but that doesnt mean he is worse.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved