Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Refresher orb.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Refresher orb. 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » December 19, 2014 12:35am | Report
Probably one of the strongest items in the game aloung with items like Black King Bar and Scythe of Vyse.

There is some doubt about Refresher Orb being core on certain heroes. But since the comments in my guide isnt the place to discuss about it i created this thread to give some insights about it and start a discussion.

Faceless Void. Absolute core, will allow you to get more damage off then any other item, and gives better lategame then any other item. I would go so far as say that void is not an amazing lategamer without the item.
The thing that suprised me is that so many people are opposed to it but dont actually provide any counter arguments. Most reactions seemed to go towards saying that you need damage because damage=lategame to them? Which it isnt. Even though refresher also allows you to put out more rightclick then any other item in a realistic game scenario.

Spectre. Is less reliant on it but allows you to completely break the opponent by buying back after using one ult. And using the second to cone back into the fight. Or just giving you rediculous global presence which is one of the most important things in the lategame.
Is good as a 7th item because you can use it in the fountain, but sometimes good earlier to demolish squishy heroes before the fight actually starts.

Doom. Some people still go weird rightclick builds on him, which are never as effective as double Doom.
Currently aghs refresh is actually a very legit build, even though before it was already pretty good since it improved the damage a lot even without making it last longer by being in range.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 19, 2014 1:05am | Report
I used to love the hell out of this item when it had a 160 second cooldown. I used to always build it on Faceless Void, Spectre, Chaos Knight (as a 4th or 5th item), Luna (a million times better than Aghs), Juggernaut...

I think since the heavy cooldown nerfs my love for this item has a bit fallen off though. Now it's 195 second cooldown, it's really Black Hole level... when a skill or item takes 35 seconds of cooldown to the face, it hurts HARD (for the same reason why the Faceless Void or Brewmaster buffs that reduced their ult cooldowns by a lot made these heroes insanely OP, which is being kind of reverted now).

I very rarely build refresher on Spectre anymore, generally I prefer Satanic or Butterfly.

Still a core on Faceless Void I agree. But other than him I don't like refresher on carries that much anymore, except as a very late game item for Chaos Knight.

(btw the point of refresher isn't necessarily to use 2 ults at the same moment, for example for CK you can't have 2 ults active at the same time however having refresher ensures that you have your ult ready whenever you need it so you're not limited by the cooldown anymore)

160 second CD refresher indeed used to be one of the best items in the game. 195 second CD refresher? Meh.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 19, 2014 7:55am | Report
Wraith King, if enemy doesn't have mana burn, will make a good use of refresher as a 5/6th slot. Same goes for Slark, seconds of ivulnerability that make you stronger after it ends is huge in lategame.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved