Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Pugna with Ethereal Blade?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Pugna with Ethereal Blade? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Shell_defender » May 4, 2013 2:54am | Report
Since the changes to Ethereal Blade, seems like a pretty decent item to have on Pugna, with his insane INT growth.. Non-competitively of course. Thoughts on a build encompassing Eth Blade?
Screw business! It just got personal

Shell_defender

Notable (1)
Steam: shell_defender
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » May 4, 2013 3:08am | Report
Why would you get that when decreptify serves the same purpose?Wasting 4.9k gold for a ****ty active which you already have?Not to mention the 40 AGI going to waste.The nuke would only deal 300-500 damage.Wasting 4.9k gold for 300-500 damage,when Pugna's real problems are disables in teamfights.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Shell_defender » May 4, 2013 3:10pm | Report
If I'm not mistaken, with both Decrepify and Ethereal Blade, you can disable the enemy carry for about 10 seconds? That should account for something.
Screw business! It just got personal

Shell_defender

Notable (1)
Steam: shell_defender
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » May 5, 2013 2:36am | Report

If I'm not mistaken, with both Decrepify and Ethereal Blade, you can disable the enemy carry for about 10 seconds? That should account for something.

Enemy carry would have a Black King Bar by the time you manage to get Ethereal Blade?He would tear you apart in less than 3 seconds?

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PeachFuzz » May 6, 2013 9:59pm | Report

Or you can get a sheepstick...infinitely more useful.

PeachFuzz

Notable (11)
Steam: PeachFuzz
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by frogger_29 » May 7, 2013 4:42am | Report
Instead of buying an Ethereal Blade, a good Pugna player should opt instead for a Scythe of Vyse, Shiva's Guard or Aghanim's Scepter, and even Dagon wouldn't be too bad at all.

frogger_29

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » May 13, 2013 10:00am | Report
For pub games, this would be an amusing and potentially viable build, since not many players build BKBs. It lets Pugna disable people for a looooong time, plus nuke pretty hard. I could see a carry Pugna in a pub game building an Aghanim's // Eth Blade and dishing some hefty damage.

The only problem is that BKBs null the build, so it's unreliable at best in higher level play.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » June 19, 2013 1:33pm | Report
Just go for the lvl5 dagon if you want overpriced nuking power

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved