Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Primary Attributes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Primary Attributes 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » November 21, 2014 1:42pm | Report
Everyone knows that the three primary attributes are Strength, Intelligence, and Agility.

The lasts if what I want to talk about.
Face it: Anyone with more armour is never going to be more agile than someone with less. I understand that Agility heroes are supposed to be more resistant against right-clicks, but what if Agility gave Evasion?

It might seem horribly OP, but remember that all agility stacks dimishingly (not sure that's a word).

What if YOU could rework the system?

Here are some guiding questions:

1. If you could add a primary attribute, what would it be? What bonuses would it give? Which heroes would fall under that category?

2. If you could change one Primary Attribute and it's bonuses, which would it be? What bonuses would it give instead?

Spoiler: Click to view

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » November 21, 2014 1:53pm | Report
This will mean re-balancing everything in the game. And balancing Dota is hard. IceFrog will not touch the primary attributes unless he buffs or nerfs them.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » November 21, 2014 1:57pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Spoiler: Click to view

What kind of evasion? Monkey King Bar mandatory item on each right-clicker?

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » November 21, 2014 2:06pm | Report
Not backtrack evasion, just normal physical evasion. And isn't MKB already mandatory?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » November 21, 2014 3:47pm | Report
The Agility = Armor thing hearkens to tabletop RPGS, where you have a bunch of different armor types. The idea isn't that the speed literally gives you more armor, but it makes you more able to twist and turn and make otherwise fatal blows into glancing ones.

As somebody who loved stacking Dexterity to make my Touch AC super high, to the point where my DM had to start getting the jump on us just so I was denied my DEX bonus and actually took damage... I like it! It gives me the nostalgia feels. ;_;

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » November 21, 2014 4:06pm | Report
Nice, Safecyndaquil. I didn't know that.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved