Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Phantom Assassin ultimate rework ideas

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Phantom Assassin ultimate rework ideas 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SauSaGe32007 » May 16, 2015 6:43am | Report
Phantom assassin has a pretty powerful crit ,but for me it's not look like a ultimate .

Whould be interesting if crit damage will be reduced a bit ,but who look at the phantom's target(like medusa's stone gase),in his vision area, during a crit attack will take 10% (more or less) from the attack as pure damage .The target will take the pure damage if nobody is around (like spectre's desolation).This my idea for pa's ultimate reworked.(i hope you understood my idea .I know my English sucks).i don't wanna see a upgraded ultimate with agh because is weird.
Please whrite your change idea or some mention below.

SauSaGe32007

Steam: AdmiraL-SauSaGe ftGw
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » May 16, 2015 7:02am | Report
The only concept of PA is element of surprise. So I don't think it's a good idea to make her crit like a Stone Gaze as it doesn't match her style. Pure damage crits are too powerful, even if you give her only 200% damage crits she can land as much damage as the old crits. You don't have to upgrade only the ultimate with Aghanim's Scepter, if she gets an Aghanim's Scepter she would probably has an extra active/passive or overall upgrades like my upgrade ( BKB piercing blink and a silence-mute-break effect on crits. )
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SauSaGe32007 » May 16, 2015 7:24am | Report
Ok let's do some math :
Let's supose pa has 250 attack dmg with crit 300%(lvl 3 ulty) will be 750 whit 40% physical reduction(my games's average armor)
will be 450 crit and pure dmg will be 45 .Not really powerful for me.
No stun/silence/slow /dmg amplify, only some more dmg for enemies.

SauSaGe32007

Steam: AdmiraL-SauSaGe ftGw
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » May 16, 2015 8:28am | Report
SauSaGe32007 wrote:

Ok let's do some math :
Let's supose pa has 250 attack dmg with crit 300%(lvl 3 ulty) will be 750 whit 40% physical reduction(my games's average armor)
will be 450 crit and pure dmg will be 45 .Not really powerful for me.
No stun/silence/slow /dmg amplify, only some more dmg for enemies.

Lets say that the PA manages to do 1600 crit damage after reductions.

That means a mere 160 damage at 50 minutes in. Rather weak, dont you think? Your rework is a huge nerf and a minor and weak buff of a simple 10% cleave, with the strange requirements that you didnt clarify well enough.

PA is a gap closer phyisical burster. Having a powerful crit as an ulti sounds alright to me. She is meant to kill her target within seconds. Such is why she has a strong crit. Tell us why you dislike the ultimate in its current form.

for locket
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » May 16, 2015 8:48am | Report
How about this: increase PA's crit chance to 20 or 30% (basically higher crit chance) on enemies with the dagger debuff. To accompany this change, I'd like to suggest the removal of annoying dagger-crits and an agh's buff that causes PA to throw daggers at every enemy in front of her whenever she crits.

Is the crit now worthy of ultimate status, or do you want dagger to be an ult :P.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » May 16, 2015 2:08pm | Report
porygon361 wrote:

How about this: increase PA's crit chance to 20 or 30% (basically higher crit chance) on enemies with the dagger debuff. To accompany this change, I'd like to suggest the removal of annoying dagger-crits and an agh's buff that causes PA to throw daggers at every enemy in front of her whenever she crits.

Is the crit now worthy of ultimate status, or do you want dagger to be an ult :P.

I like this!

But my own ideas:

Crit chance: 15
Crit percent: 150/200/250

If PA kills someone with Coup de Grace, her next attack will also crit.

You know, it's called coup de grace for a reason.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » May 16, 2015 2:34pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

I like this!

But my own ideas:

Crit chance: 15
Crit percent: 150/200/250

If PA kills someone with Coup de Grace, her next attack will also crit.

You know, it's called coup de grace for a reason.

You just made it worse at level 3 than it is now at level 1. Chaos Knight and Wraith King both have better crits than this. And they aren't ultimates. The fact that her next attack crits doesn't mean anything, if she doesn't do 4x the damage.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » May 16, 2015 3:32pm | Report
Sorry, maybe 250/350/450

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » May 16, 2015 6:07pm | Report
Average physical damage reduction should be 60%, assuming they have around 15~20 armors. Thus with 100 attack damage, 200% pure damage vs 450% physical damage will be 200 pure damage vs 450*0.4=180 physical damage. It's more effective against carry/core/tanker with pure damage but worse against support and you will find it hard to kill them in 2 crits, which I think it's a nerf to her because you can no longer take out a support in a blink of an eye and they will kill you before you kill them! Unless you give her 450% pure damage then that's absolutely the OP-est thing I have ever heard.

@porygon
The dagger crits is so good during early-mid game, please don't remove it :(
I like the incease crit chance though, although it seems to be too high for me :P
The AoE dagger seems to be awesome, but is it really necessary? AoE 50% slow with 15% proc chance is not very impressive.

@TheSofa
The main issue with Coup de Grace is "I don't always crit with the Coup de Grace, but when I do, I crit with it when the victim has only 100 HP". Yeah, it's a good solution to solve that issue, but it's somehow unreliable. Wait, is this a basic effect or Agha's upgrade?

To Unscathed
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » May 16, 2015 6:58pm | Report
I dont think, that OP is just talking about rescaling the ability but rather come up with completely new concept.

I have come up with some ideas that still have a sneaky and assassiny (that word) feel to it.

1. Fatal blows (Passive)
"Unmatched precision combined with a keen eye for weak spots, Mortred is capable of defeating any opponent within seconds."

Each time PA hits a unit, that unit receives a "fatal injury" counter. Upon reaching X stacks, the target takes X pure/magical/physical damage, and the counter is reset to 0. Stifling Dagger also applies "fatal injury".

--> this isnt really that much different from her current ult, but PAs damage would be much more reliable.

2. Death Mark (Active)
"Once the target has been named, there is no escaping the Phantom Veil. Only death may bring salvation."

Mortred places a mark on a target, only she and her teammates can see. The target (and a small area around it) is revealed for the entire duration of the spell. Lasts X seconds. All of mortreds abilities get bonuses, if targeting the marked unit:

Stifling Dagger: Increases cast range by X. Deals X bonus damage and ministuns the target.

Phantom Strike: For 4 seconds after casting PS (or 4 attacks) PA gets X Bonus Damage.

Blur: While withing X range of the target, the duration of all crowd control effects affecting PA are reduced by X %.

--> This change would make her more into a ganker than a hardcarry. But many people like her better that way anyway :D

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved