Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Orchid + Ethereal Blade

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Orchid + Ethereal Blade 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by A Clockwerk Orange » January 6, 2014 5:10pm | Report
Hi, I was wondering how orchid and ethereal blade work together. If you Orchid and then E-Blade, the damage from the initial E-Blade activation gets turned into 30% magic damage right?

I was trying to calculate the maximum amount of damage a hero could do. For instance, if a level 25 OD has an Aghs which multiplies his Santiy's Eclipse by 11 and has a refresher along with a Dagon, E-Blade, and Orchid, and say a sheep stick, how much damage would that do if you used all of the items in the right order to say the lowest int hero in the game? And what is the lowest int hero in the game (Troll?)? Factor in 25% magic resistance every time a spell/item is cast.

The other question of course is whether you want to wait for the first E-blade activation to run out before using a 2nd one or whether you keep using orchid and other items and spells to stack on with the first use.

Yes, this is very hypothetical, and the other hero would probably need about 6 hearts but I think this is an interesting and complicated equation.

A Clockwerk Orange

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » January 6, 2014 6:51pm | Report
With that much spell amplification, factor in astral improsonment on a couple of heroes, if you orchid one hero, eblade another, and say throw in a pugna to decrepify someone else, refresher: drop the hammer twice, dead team
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by A Clockwerk Orange » January 6, 2014 7:23pm | Report
Oh they're totally dead regardless lol, just trying to calculate a specific number, to see if it can do more damage than other totally stacked heroes like a PA or PL with 5 rapiers and a Daedalus or a super farmed Pudge with multiple hearts.

A Clockwerk Orange

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 7, 2014 5:10am | Report
The Agh's is a worthless investment,flat int gives more damage than the multiplier.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 7, 2014 5:45am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

The Agh's is a worthless investment,flat int gives more damage than the multiplier.

^ This, I've said it before, but if you do the Math, you can see just how useless it is:-
Xyrus wrote:

I'm not sure why you think Aghanim's Scepter is good for Outworld Devourer, it's easy to see how bad it is with some simple DOTA Math.

The Damage increase from a Mystic Staff == 10 * 25 == 250 Dmg
The Damage increase from Agha == 1 x (OD's Int - Target's Int) + (Dmg Multiplier x Int Boost)

The Hero with the absolute lowest Intelligence would be either Phantom Assassin or Troll Warlord at 37 Int at lvl 25 compared to OD's 105 Int. Therefore the highest Damage increase you can get on a single Target from Aghanim's Scepter would be :-

1 x (105 - 37) + (11 x 10) == 177

Mystic Staff costs 2700 Gold and increases Sanity's Eclipse's Dmg by 250 (not to mention the other benefits)
Aghanim's Scepter costs 4200 Gold and increases Sanity's Eclipse's Dmg by 177 at the most. Usually, it will be significantly less than that.

I love DOTA Math <3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » January 7, 2014 6:31am | Report
isnt orchids giving a general 30% damage amplification (and not just magic dmg?). Afaik those kind of damage amplifiers also stack additively ...meaning that for example an E-blade (50%) + orchids (30%) + Ancient Seal (36%) would equal a damage amplification of 116%.

now as for OD Ult:

ODs int: 26 Base + 3.3 per level = 105 on level 25 + Dagon lvl5 (24) + Sheep Stick (35) + Orchid (25) + E-blade (10) + Attribute Bonus (20) = 219 Int

the hero with the lowest base int / int growth is PA or Troll warlord with a base of 13 + 1.0 per level, equaling a Int-stat of 57 (if you factor the 20 Attribute bonus in)

difference would be 219-57 = 162
the base-damage output from Sanity's Eclipse would be 1782 (162*11)
if you then amplify this by 80% (Orchids + Eblade): you would get 3208 Damage (!)
since you also would have to factor in 25% spell resitance however, it would be more like 2406 (3208*0.75)

hope i didnt make any mistakes :3

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 7, 2014 8:48am | Report
L0bstz0r wrote:

isnt orchids giving a general 30% damage amplification (and not just magic dmg?). Afaik those kind of damage amplifiers also stack additively ...meaning that for example an E-blade (50%) + orchids (30%) + Ancient Seal (36%) would equal a damage amplification of 116%.

Nope, Orchid doesn't work like that. It deals Amplified Damage after the 5 second Silence.
L0bstz0r wrote:

ODs int: 26 Base + 3.3 per level = 105 on level 25 + Dagon lvl5 (24) + Sheep Stick (35) + Orchid (25) + E-blade (10) + Attribute Bonus (20) = 219 Int

+ 10 from Aghanim's Scepter == 229 Int

Sanity's Eclipse ideal Modifier == 229-57 == 172
Agh's Damage Output == 172 * 11 == 1892
L0bstz0r wrote:

the base-damage output from Sanity's Eclipse would be 1782 (162*11)
if you then amplify this by 80% (Orchids + Eblade): you would get 3208 Damage (!)
since you also would have to factor in 25% spell resitance however, it would be more like 2406 (3208*0.75)

Etheral Blade Magic Damage Modification

== (1 - this)(1 - that)(1 - etc.)
== (1 + 0.4)(1 - 0.25)
== 1.4 * 0.75
== 1.05

Damage from Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Sanity's Eclispe on an Ethereal Bladed Phantom Assassin is equal to :-

1892 * 1.05 == 1986.6 Magical Damage after Magic Resistance

If this damage is done while under Orchid Malevolence debuff, then the damage from Amplified Damage (if E-Blade has not worn off) will be:-

1986.6 * 30% == 595.98

Total Damage from Sanity's Eclispe == 2582.58 (that's if Ethereal Blade is still active after the 5 second duration of Orchid Malevolence Debuff)

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 7, 2014 9:09am | Report
Since the point of this post seems to be trying to answer the question - "What is the highest possible Damage to do with Outworld Devourer's Sanity's Eclipse?" - I'll make 2 suggestions.

First, add a Veil of Discord into the equation, it is the only other item that Amplifies Magic Damage and it stacks with Ethereal Blade (unlike Orchid which just improves the more Damage is done during those 5 seconds).

Secondly, get rid of the useless Aghanim's Scepter and replace it with a 2nd Scythe of Vyse (because a Shiva's Guard would be too boring 8{).

I'll start by showing the difference between having 25 (35 - 10) more Intelligence and having +1 (11 - 10) Intelligence Modifier

Intelligence Difference is now 197 (172 + 25)
Sanity's Eclipse Damage is now 1970 (197 * 10) - compared to 1892 Damage before

This is 78 more Damage than with Aghanim's Scepter, so even with all that Intelligence to Multiply... Aghanim's Scepter still doesn't cut it in terms of Damage

Now, lets add in the Veil of Discord

Intelligence Difference is now 203 (197 + 6)
Sanity's Eclipse Damage is now 2030 (203 * 10)

Magic Resistance after E-Blade and Veil == (1 + 0.4)(1+ 0.25)(1 - 0.25) == 1.3125
Damage from Sanity's Eclipse after Resistance == 2030 * 1.3125 == 2664.375
Damage from Orchid Malevolence (if Veil and E-blade are both still active) == 799.3125

Total Damage done with Ultimate 6 Slot == 3463.6875

Dagon

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 7, 2014 11:55am | Report
I trust the math guy right here ^^.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » January 7, 2014 12:24pm | Report
ok...seems i overlooked some crucial points, like the 10 aganims stats and the fact that Eblade only amplifies by 40% and not by 50% (thought it would be the same as Decrepify :S

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved