Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

OD + Support BB Dual Lane?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » OD + Support BB Dual Lane? 9 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Would be good?
hell yeah
no
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » July 8, 2015 5:54pm | Report
Outworld Devourer:
Builds standard carry build.

Bristleback:
Builds Mekansm ( i build it on bristle anyway ) and focuses on keeping enemies slowed and harassed so the OD can kill them / warding, denying, pulling camps, etc.

The reason I think this would be a good lane is the Essence Aura coupled with the constant casting of Quill Spray and Viscous Nasal Goo.

Do you think it could work and be a good lane? You have a pseudo stun, a very strong slow, armor reduction, constant harass, mana drain to keep them from casting. And as well the Bristle can keep enemies slowed enough to keep them from being able to go in for the kill with right clicks. Sounds good to me.
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » July 8, 2015 5:57pm | Report
If you really want to play OD on dual lane with spamming support, I'd rather suggest something like Skywrath Mage, simply because Bristleback needs farm to make use of his passive. There's a reason why teams played him as position 1.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by armc3j » July 8, 2015 6:01pm | Report
The thing is, bristleback is **** without at least some farm. Sure, he could get levels, but he won't have any tanky items, he won't have any damage items, and his mana pool is utter ****. So if you compound that with mek, which has an active that costs 250 mana, he will struggle to use it and spam his spells. You could technically run him as a support(I have) but he is much more effective as a core, because he can tank and do damage. Also, he's not the best harasser in lane, because he the time he will have amassed damage with quills, he won't have any mana left.
when a thing is done, it's done. Don't look back.

armc3j

Notable (3)
Steam: .Elusive
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » July 8, 2015 6:11pm | Report
I actually posted this idea some time ago.

Actually there is a way to do this kind of stuff without having to lane 2 farm-dependent carries together : Keeper of the Light + Bristleback. This gives you infinite quille but also infinite push, since you're laning two heavy pushers together which allows you to take T1 and T2 towers within 10 minutes.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » July 8, 2015 6:45pm | Report
Yeah Kotl - Bristle just sounds strictly better.

Like, Chakra Magic with either of Bristles actives is really good, because the abilities benefit from being spamable. And the cooldown reduction is very noticable on the really short cooldowns as they are. Like two stacks of Goo within half a second? Yes please.

However, the problem is this kind of thing denies KotL your jungle, unless it's a dual safe-lane (Which is weird, because dual Bristle lanes are usually dual offlanes), which means the kotl is further behind than he should be. But I guess if your other support stacks you can make up for it.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » July 8, 2015 7:05pm | Report
Why would you even jungle with Kotl when you can get two free towers in the early game? Just push :)

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » July 8, 2015 7:08pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Why would you even jungle with Kotl when you can get two free towers in the early game? Just push :)

I think that he meant something like stacking 2 camps and then eating them with blast for fast aghs, that's what kotls do nowadays.

By the way you can easily do this on dual offlane with bristle, especially radiant one, as taking T1 from enemy easy lane opens some of their jungle for you to farm.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » July 8, 2015 7:10pm | Report
I know...but there's literally no point in doing that in this kind of lane. Applying heavy pressure in the early game and getting towers at 4 minutes is always better than AFK jungling a support.

KOTL will get his aghs anyways, and besides it's not like the hero is item-dependent xD

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » July 8, 2015 7:23pm | Report
It depends on what the jungling goes towards, and on how that specific game seems like it's going to be paced.

If that jungling is going towards a sub 20 minute KotL Ag's then it is worth it. Because KotL's Ag's will make your subsequent push miles stronger than this 10 minute push window is (As well as your split push, and reaction to split push, and team-fight, and essentially entire game), and instead of pushing down just the tier 1 and tier 2, you can push down the racks as well for 20 minutes. Like you trade super early pressure for stronger early mid-game pressure.

Both give you economic advantages, but it's the choice between the advantage being focused on an extra core hero, or it being distributed almost evenly among 5 heroes. Not to mention, tower gold always exists, but creep spawns don't. You're getting more gold out of the map by killing jungle creeps than pushing the towers super early.

But I will admit, it's line-up dependent if nothing else. Like, if you can get away with just jungling KotL, I don't think it's ever a bad option, because early Ag's on that hero is stupid. But if you can't get away with that and/or need to apply early pressure instead then sure do this kind of thing.

EDIT; response to your edit;

I disagree that your push is so strong that you will get the tower by 4 minutes. It's not like you have a Pugna. Sure, by the time you have Warpath up, so you have the physical damage to force the tower, then you can do it with ease. But not consistently by 4 minutes. You can constantly force the creep wave under the tower and making cs'ing the tower a nightmate, but you need level 6 to have the physical damage to force the tower down in good order.

And KotL's ag's is significantly better the earlier you get it. I know that is technically true of almost all core items, but an early enough timing on the item means you can get extremely early racks without the opponent being able to do anything in response. (Neither split push nor actual base defence)

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved