Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

My Techies rework ideas

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » My Techies rework ideas 39 posts - page 3 of 4

Poll Question:

What do you think?
Love it
Hate it
Meh
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » January 29, 2015 9:11pm | Report
Ok Kyphoid, two ideas then:

1. Techies is now an IT guy, improves your connection while rerouting enemy ping through Russia.

2. TECHIES IS NOW TOWER TECHIES!!!
Q: Repair-Heal towers for ??? value
W: Enhance-make tower better for a while
E: Tele-TP to tower
R: DRIVE TOWER FOR 30/45/60 SECONDS YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 29, 2015 9:22pm | Report
R-Conqueror wrote:

Ok Kyphoid, two ideas then:

1. Techies is now an IT guy, improves your connection while rerouting enemy ping through Russia.

2. TECHIES IS NOW TOWER TECHIES!!!
Q: Repair-Heal towers for ??? value
W: Enhance-make tower better for a while
E: Tele-TP to tower
R: DRIVE TOWER FOR 30/45/60 SECONDS YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OMGOMGOMG OYEA~

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 29, 2015 9:35pm | Report
I can substitute his suicide for some tower siege-ing action.

How about armor fortification for any unit target or hero?
For ulti: M-777 cannon. Emplacing time channeled for 7 seconds. Total charges for planting cannon 3/6/9.
Cannon does terrifying magical damage of 100/200/300 per hit. Cannon fire rate 0.5s/hit. Missile speed 1100. Sub ability to destroy cannon in an AoE for 1000/1500/2000. Destroy will not stack with other destroys. Techies is disabled for the duration while he mounts a cannon.
(So he mounts them to use them . Throwing missiles like pudge hooks.)
If techies get his Q reworked: Time Bomb- Select a target and plants a bomb on it that does 200/250/300/350 physical damage after 5 seconds. If target is a hero, the damage is halved but he gets slowed by 50% for the duration.

I cant trade stasis for anything in the world, unless it is A BIGGER STASIS!

E: Destructive powder(passive) techies has a 20% chance to do enhanced damage from abilities or rightclick. Damage : 150%/200%/250%/300%. In case of stasis trap, deals an additional stun of 0.25/0.5/0.75/1 second.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » January 29, 2015 10:31pm | Report
Kyphoid I hear what you're saying and all but

Consider this

DRIVING. A TOWER. WOOOOOOOOOOO

I mean THAT is an ultimate.

Okay I'm done guys.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » January 29, 2015 10:50pm | Report
R-Conqueror wrote:

Consider this

Okay I'm done guys.

i see your imagination is good

why don't you add another skill for taming roshan

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
Steam: Pandora
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 29, 2015 10:52pm | Report
Sando, this is actually much better!

Yes, with the reduced cooldowns, he's actually much more viable and his ult is actually pretty good now, a 900 pure damage nuke in teamfights is nothing to laugh at.

I still think his Q and W need a buff because they still feel a bit underwhelming. After all, the hero has 4 non-scaling skills and I think he's very weak late game (is that what you're going for?). More slow, more annoyance, damage scaling with % of enemies' max HP, you get the idea. I also think he needs way more mine charges. Volvo pls buff.

@Porygon : I don't think anyone is dismissing Sando's idea, just that making a hero who is weaker than the current Techies is simply UP as hell. If you remove the instakill you had better give him something he's REALLY good at to make up for it, since the current Techies is already garbage/troll tier anyways.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 29, 2015 11:27pm | Report
R-Conqueror wrote:

Consider this

Okay I'm done guys.

I see what you did there.

However,He got his own cannon that he can emplace and get inside of.

That tower thing should be available to everyone, if you know what i mean.

At last, someone understood me........
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » January 30, 2015 2:28am | Report
Thanks for the comments, ideas, feedback etc guys!

As far as I'm concerned, this is meant to be a complete free-for-all, theory-crafting for fun - cos unless Icefrog happens to pass by then this is probably never going to happen anyway.

I think the thing we all agree on - even if we're coming at it from completing opposing viewpoints - is that Techies in their current form don't really work. I don't like the insta-kill thing, even if I don't think it's OP. Most of you agree that the hero is currently not really a serious proposition in competitive games.

My core idea was to try and keep most of things that make the hero unique - map control, mining, impeding roaming and jungling, anti-push, suicidal attacks. Remove the insta-kill stuff and give him significant buffs in other areas such as team fight and mobility.

He probably is a bit weaker late game in my version, but still offers significant anti-push. With some tweaks to his abilities that can be altered - for example:

Napalm mines - damage doesn't go through BKB, but the turn slow does (this is pretty horrific for a number of heroes) - you could even look at it blocking healing while the burn effect is active too, regardless of BKB. Hell even the % HP thing could work well. Maybe an Aghanim's Scepter upgrade?

Lightning/Toxic mines - anything goes here really, it's basically a utility mine with some kind of slow to keep people in the napalm area and otherwise mess up their ability to fight.

Another thought I had here was "Grenades" instead of mines. Slightly longer range and faster cast speed. If they land within triggering distance of an enemy, they go off quickly, if they land somewhere not triggered, they cloak after a brief delay and basically become mines.

Tower Repairing/Movement - hell, whatever, ultimately the name of the hero is " Techies" - why shouldn't they have abilities that don't revolve entirely around explosives? How about:

Remote Control - Techies take direct control of a tower, increasing it's armour and attack speed, healing 10/20/30 HP/second, and allowing them to manually target enemies. Channelled for 10 seconds, global range.

"The A Team" - hero has 2 barn construction charges. Techies can enter barn and come out after a channelling time as 3 mini-versions of Clockwerk, Timbersaw and Tinker.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 30, 2015 2:56am | Report
Sando wrote:

Thanks for the comments, ideas, feedback etc guys!

As far as I'm concerned, this is meant to be a complete free-for-all, theory-crafting for fun - cos unless Icefrog happens to pass by then this is probably never going to happen anyway.

Your wish shall be granted.
I am not kidding this time.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 30, 2015 3:56am | Report
How about this:

Base movespeed now 295.
land mines
Summon a land mine that will explode if an enemy enters 350 radius. If another land mine is placed within 350 radius, it will explode instantly

Damage: 80/160/240/320
Mana: 30/40/50/60
Cooldown: 5

This way will encourage more map comtrol techies instead of the mine stack techies.

What do you guys think?

Also i will sacrifice a virgin to make rocket jump in the game and replacing suicide squad.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved