Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOM Alchemist?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » MOM Alchemist? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » April 23, 2015 11:58pm | Report
Was goofing around on bot matches today with Mask of Madness rush on Alchemist. I have yet to test this in an actual match but here's the theory.

-A single point into Chemical Rage reduces Alch's bat to 1.4, same as Juggernaut's bat, who happens a popular mom builder. Thus, the combo of MOM's active, Alch's Ulti and Greevil's Greed, should allow Alchemist's farming rate to skyrocket, in theory.
- Mask of Madness' cooldown is 25 seconds and Chemical Rage's cooldown after the duration of the spell ends is around 20 seconds, meaning that you won't have to worry about not having both actives at the ready.
-The combined movespeed bonus from MOM and Chem Rage will allow Alch to clear out the jungle camps at a fast rate.

Frankly, I'm afraid how of many times I'd get reported if I try this in a pub.

I don't know if the ricing meta will continue into 6.84, but if Alchemist receives the right buffs, is it possible that Alchemist makes a comeback in the pro secene?

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » April 24, 2015 12:43am | Report
While getting a MoM on Alch would increase his attack speed and decrease his farming downtime it makes him even easier to kill in the early game. Once Chemical Rage is on cooldown you are not only extremely vulnerable to dying as is, but because of the increased damage you take because of MoM Alchemist's abysmal agility and strength gain will make him easier to kill than a bug on a windshield.

That's just my take on it. I mean if the rest of your team is just crushing the competition, maybe consider it in a full-fledged game, but even then I don't know if the decrease in survivability is necessarily worth it.

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » April 24, 2015 5:01am | Report
If you ever consider playing Alchemist as he is, you should definetly try. I tried, and results were...

different

Yuu can see a lot of deaths, but that wasn't MoM's fault - actually, MoM helped me survive some encounters - I simply activated it and ran away. If he will get fixed, I think MoM- Maelstrom will be a very good build, it gives crazy amount of money and very good amount of DPS.

Plus, if you want to make full use of Greevil's Greed(the only reason to play this hero atm) you have to earn 8 lasthits in 30 seconds, 16 in a minute! Without MoM and Maelstrom it's entirely impossible at that moment in the game.

After Maelstrom you may upgrade to Mjollnir, and then go for BKB, Abyssal, Skadi, Butterly, even Battle Fury if you want to go full holla-holla mode.

And yes, you will get... maybe not flamed, but EVERY game there were guys who were all like "wtf MoM Alch?! This wasn't in the guide!". Quite funny actually.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 24, 2015 6:06am | Report
If you get a Maelstrom or a Battle Fury just after to gets lots of cash, yes definitely.

But just as a farming item, maelstrom is still better if you had to choose.

Jugg gets MoM as a fighting item, the fact that it increases farm is just a side benefit.

It's definitely possible that Alch can come back but he'll need HEAVY buffs, like Chemical Rage giving bonus base damage, increased stats, better disables...

Also, wait and see, it's likely that MoM is getting nerfed in 6.84. Icefrog is probably getting a bit tired of seeing mask of OPness built on every hero (30% movement speed buff I'm looking at you).
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » April 24, 2015 7:45am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

If you get a Maelstrom or a Battle Fury just after to gets lots of cash, yes definitely.

But just as a farming item, maelstrom is still better if you had to choose.

Jugg gets MoM as a fighting item, the fact that it increases farm is just a side benefit.

It's definitely possible that Alch can come back but he'll need HEAVY buffs, like Chemical Rage giving bonus base damage, increased stats, better disables...

Also, wait and see, it's likely that MoM is getting nerfed in 6.84. Icefrog is probably getting a bit tired of seeing mask of OPness built on every hero (30% movement speed buff I'm looking at you).

Agreed, this ******** MS certainly has to be nerfed to like 20 or even 10% MS, it's ridiculous that you can just activate it and run away if you are ganked/easily chase your prey.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved