Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mirana orchid

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Mirana orchid 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by rejndjer » December 30, 2014 10:46am | Report
I just registered on this forum so i could share this idea of mine.

I've played really a lot of mirana, all the way since doto1, and i got the idea about building orchid in style of offlanes such as clinkz or broodmother. What it does is allow mirana to spam any and all her spells without any worry for mana pool, also if u build mek with it before 20th minute u can be seriously useful to your team.

It all depends on picks and your playstyle ofcourse, but i think mirana orchid can be pretty viable, and i'm surprised i've never seen it in my 8 years of playing dota.

What do u guys think about it? What other items would u build along with it on mirana?

Thanks for reading!

rejndjer

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 30, 2014 11:07am | Report
Hmm... Mirana is mostly played as a roaming support, so maybe the orchid is too late to be useful?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » December 30, 2014 12:10pm | Report
Yeah, it's pretty good on her. A simple Oblivion Staff can be built in lane and gives good stats and regen, and from there it's easy to finish the rest with good ganks.

I like Scythe of Vyse as a later game pickup on her, so I usually don't go Orchid, but it's certainly viable. Eul's is also good for movespeed, regen, and setting up easy solo arrows.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 30, 2014 12:25pm | Report
If you just want infinite mana regen there are far better items like Soul Ring or Bottle. You're supposed to roam early as Mirana not spend 15-20 minutes farming an orchid. Now with the bounty rune seriously just get the runes for the regen.

You need something that comes online sooner, Mirana is at her strongest in the early game when she hits lvl 7.

Orchid has no specific synergy with Mirana it only really makes sense if you need a silence against heroes with escapes. On a support Mirana Euls is better for the guaranteed arrows.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » December 30, 2014 2:53pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

If you just want infinite mana regen there are far better items like Soul Ring or Bottle. You're supposed to roam early as Mirana not spend 15-20 minutes farming an orchid. Now with the bounty rune seriously just get the runes for the regen.

You need something that comes online sooner, Mirana is at her strongest in the early game.

This ^

Orchid Malevolence needs to be built early on, and is most effective before its Counters come out (Eul's Scepter of Divinity]], Diffusal Blade, Black King Bar, and Manta Style...and maybe Linken's Sphere). Since most Core Heroes will build 1 or 2 of these Items in each game, you'll usually find Orchid Malevolence is incredibly weak after 30:00.

The way I look at it, Orchid Malevolence should never be a Core Item on any Hero, but it makes a good Situational Item on a lot of Heroes in certain circumstances.
Hamstertamer wrote:

Orchid has no specific synergy with Mirana it only really makes sense if you need a silence against heroes with escapes. On a support Mirana Euls is better for the guaranteed arrows.

Like this one for example.

The other case being when you're up against a Hero who won't usually build any Item that counters Orchid, but if immensely easier to deal with when Silenced for 5 seconds, e.g. Lifestealer, Tinker, Ember Spirit, etc.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 30, 2014 3:43pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

On a support Mirana Euls is better for the guaranteed arrows.

Support only? In another thread u said Euls is so OP any hero can get it.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 30, 2014 10:04pm | Report
You can go bottle/Mek/Euls on offlane Mirana as well if you want. It's perfectly legit it's just that people don't do it. You pick Mirana for the initiation anyways so she doesn't need to build right-click. I am sticking with conventional stuff and not trying to confuse people with my experiments with Euls TA or Brood or similar Kappa
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » December 30, 2014 11:31pm | Report
Mirana is great while roaming because of her arrow.
Who else gives that long duration stun every time it connects?
Her initiation through arrow or moonlight shadow is laudable and mirana brings in the whole team to coordinate with her because of the ulti.

So to speak, mirana needs to roam because that fits her the best.
She can situationally offlane and farm up utility items.

But what needs to be put out there is quite obvious, you either plan to get orchid and rush it or you dont even consider buying orchid at all.
A meagre Repel, a small Euls, one Manta Style , one Black King Bar and all your orchid is worht is its Mana regeneration.

You can say orchid is a good item on Clinkz but so is diffusal and Euls.
Heck you can get one of these and start wrecking enemies. Be sure to by a Black King Barafterwards.

For a roaming mirana, the transition from roaming to ganker that has a orchid comes so late that any of these items aforementioned can be built. Roamers have farm priority equalling that of a hard support so dont expect her to get one in time.

Make a mek(its easier and making a buckler gives more survivability and extra armor to creeps for pushing), buy wards,be the ward *****, get diffusal blade late game for those pesky Scythe of Vyse pickups.

On the other hand you are going core mirana, sure go on ahead and try to get it in 15-20 minutes or earlier for the best effects and enemy flaming.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 31, 2014 12:23am | Report
orchid is **** on Mirana mainly because she is played in a position where farming one takes a lot of time.

Better to make euls sceptre of divinity

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » December 31, 2014 12:53am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

The way I look at it, Orchid Malevolence should never be a Core Item on any Hero, but it makes a good Situational Item on a lot of Heroes in certain circumstances.

you say it but it's still kinda core on Broodmother right? most spider's build put this item, i dunno

mirana OM is pretty fun to play on pubs, and pubs only. never build this on ranked, as they will counter you ASAP. Soul Ring > boots > euls maybe? anyway, this idea is rejected XD

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
Steam: Pandora
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved