Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Meepo's role in competitive dota

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Meepo's role in competitive dota 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dr. Krieger » September 13, 2013 7:32am | Report
i cant be the only one that upset of the lack of meepo in competitive dota. i have been thinking about possible applications for meepo's strengths and i have been trying a few things out. i want to draft meepo as a possible counter to NP and/or split push. meepo's ability to be EVERYWHERE at once and to interrupt NP's teleportation discourages the split push, especially if meepo has scepter and can leave a meepo hanging out near the lane that NP would most likely split push during a teamfirst. i feel meepo could have a similar role as NP with split pushing multiple lanes and can also poof back into teamfights if need be and his Micheal skills are good enough. would like thoughts/insight into why this isnt seen more.

Dr. Krieger

Notable (1)
Steam: Dr. Krieger
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » September 13, 2013 7:39am | Report
I agree, Meepo is great in many ways, but he's also very difficult to play and also a risky pick.

If he gets focused early-mid game and gets no farm, he won't be able to get his core items in time to be effective => he will be useless the rest of the game.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dr. Krieger » September 13, 2013 7:42am | Report
so is it meepo's item dependency what makes him not relevant in the current meta? because i feel like played as a 4 position support with a solid lockdown is a good pick up for a team. but i agree with you, not everyone is n0tail and meepo is a very difficult hero to play effectivly

Dr. Krieger

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » September 13, 2013 7:59am | Report
I don't think it has to do with the skill level required, if Meepo had potential I'm sure players would be willing to use him.

In the current meta especially, with so much focus on quick burst damage and insta-gibbing the opponent, Meepo would be particularly weak. He needs to be split farming to have any advantage at all over "real" carries (since his gimmick is that he can get a 5-6 level advantage if allowed to farm), and the fact that his clones are alone a lot makes him an easy target.

The biggest reason, though, is that his farm requirements demand the #1 role, while his carry potential (in terms of when he peaks) matches up with most #2 heroes, as a "mid-game carry". So he's a #2 that requires #1-level farm, without the strong early game or laning ability.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dr. Krieger » September 13, 2013 8:40am | Report
Im more thinkingdraft4ing him solo easy lane with an aggressive tri, against clock or Np, after he gets his lvl 6 he can hold a lane and roam to gank with the other support, i dont know though, just trying to theory craft meepo in a position that uses his snare to help the carry get kills and split push for gold mid game, almonst like a naga siren just trading naga's ult for split pushing ability and map presence

Dr. Krieger

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » September 13, 2013 8:47am | Report
just get that aghanims heart in under 20 min(piece of cake) and split push the hell outta your opponents.
With three in lanes the other 2 can stack camps while your team can sit back and relax. Just kidding tell them to stack all camps. Just poof farm them. Level 25 in 30 min
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ezreal loves Sona » September 13, 2013 9:05am | Report
I don't think its that easy to get aghanim n heart in under 20 min even with meepo...

Ezreal loves Sona

Steam: Hide Yo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » September 13, 2013 10:04am | Report

I don't think its that easy to get aghanim n heart in under 20 min even with meepo...

ahem? sir have u actually played meepo? lvl 7 u can clear stacked camps as if they were a bunch of doombringers with slardar ulti on em
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » September 13, 2013 10:22am | Report
Okay the thing is, yes he can be strong, but on top of just being a high difficulty to play properly, he's also easy for enemies to deal with if he doesn't get a great start, and his early game is awful so it won't be hard to destroy him in an aggressive trilane.

On top of that, he just has his limits. His advantage is his levels, he can be level 25 when you're level 16, but once your carry catches up to him, there's not much Meepo can do, not to say he isn't good late game, but he just has his limits. The best Anti-Mage player will beat the best Meepo player just because Meepo can only do so much, and killing his clones becomes an easy task late game. Fnatic has played him in the past and done well with him, but never against a super high tier team. He's just too easy to shut down.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » September 13, 2013 11:05am | Report

ahem? sir have u actually played meepo? lvl 7 u can clear stacked camps as if they were a bunch of doombringers with slardar ulti on em

And have you ever been jungle warded, or constantly camped?

Bottom line, Meepo is a pubstar pick. He's only good against low-tier players and only able to be executed properly by a seasoned player. People like to talk-up heroes because on paper they look insane, but when put in a non-controlled environment they melt.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved