Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Medaillion of Courage on Nyx Assassin?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Medaillion of Courage on Nyx Assassin? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Phalanx300 » March 29, 2015 7:39pm | Report
Haven't seen this item on Nyx really and it seems to work decently with him. Tried a game where I got it after Blink Dagger so I could always apply it to an enemy before using Vendetta. (When initiating with Impale) Seems to be a good alternative to a Urn of Shadows.

Phalanx300

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » March 29, 2015 8:04pm | Report
It's only good for that specific situation, you can medallion allies but you should be in vendetta for most of your time.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Phalanx300 » March 29, 2015 8:28pm | Report
Should you really be in Vendetta all the time? If you intend to initiate with Blink then you're essentially wasting your Vendetta damage. Ofcourse if you are roaming or scouting ahead then its essentially useless. Just wondering wether its a viable pickup when someone else already has Urn. Soul Ring was also something I considered, seeing Nyx high health regeneration, but Nyx is just too squishy.

Phalanx300

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » March 29, 2015 9:00pm | Report
What's more useful than the Vendetta damage is the scouting and the impact the blink into impale has, the few microseconds you waste doing that medallion vendetta combo is the difference between landing a good impale or not. You have two choices when you initiate and that'll depend on whether or not you can get up close. If you can get up close then strike with vendetta if not then blink. Nyx isn't that great of an initiator and if your team is relying on Nyx to initiate without the blink then that means it's easy to counter you. Nyx is not picked for his source of damage, rather for his Carapace and scouting/pick off potential.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Phalanx300 » March 30, 2015 3:18pm | Report
I suppose so, though the combo I had in mind was Blink>Impale>Medaillion>Vendetta>ManaBurn so Impale isn't going to suffer because of the item. Not saying you should always do that but I thought the item was viable on Nyx because of this.

Phalanx300

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » April 3, 2015 3:31pm | Report
It only really becomes valuable at level 16, when you can land Vendetta twice on the same target. It's way too disruptive otherwise. Medallion is great on heroes that have a spammable invis, like Bounty Hunter or Clinkz.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » April 3, 2015 3:37pm | Report
one of the only supports i would consider making desolator on

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved