Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Ranked MMR Broken?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Is Ranked MMR Broken? 21 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by 9black » January 23, 2014 12:27am | Report
I think I deserve to be at the 50% line. I'm not that great but I'm not bad. Its not some complex about me thinking I'm really good. I'm not near as good as the pros I frankly stare in awe at the footage from the international last year wondering to myself how they time their attacks perfectly as to circle creeps as they beat on them as I am unable to replicate this.

"This mode is aimed at experienced players who want to play in a more competitive environment and know their matchmaking rating (MMR)." <http://blog.dota2.com/page/3/?l=english>

This is the way Ranked was introduced to me. However the same people in ranked are the same people in non-ranked. Same problems same odds of meeting amazing people to play with same everything (no all random mode though sadface). I would gladly give up my ability to play ranked if they moved the minimum entry to 500 matches or even 1000. (I have 335ish) So that when I did get there it would not be the same exact thing. I don't care about the number itself not really, I just really want both teams to play as a team. I mean I would rather lose 10 matches by a hair then the next 2 because a kid is trolling. I think my issue is I see a higher number as a lower chance to meet the trolls and the leavers. I mean how would it make anyone feel to have the same rating as someone who tower dives at Level 3 against a full health tank? Or repeatedly see a man escape a death with 10% health in the laning phase who won't return to base to heal and just runs back into the fray like he didn't just almost die? I'm not great, but that level of bad? No and the system as it is designed is ranking us the same. Whats worse is as Timminatorr has said even at 3500 the same issues are prevalent.

9black

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved