Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I Dont Get It?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » I Dont Get It? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 6, 2014 6:27pm | Report
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1001362639

This game made me confused.

here's why.

Silencer early game with 2 points in glaives is huge damage, then you have Huskar with his spears and thats massive DPS early game.

Now Add Axe and Vengeful Spirit with her Aura and stun and armour reduction and your early game is insane, am i right?

so naturally you would think we would go aggressive early game no?

No....

i tried so hard to get them to fight but they just wouldnt, running away from 5v3 backing off from a 5 man tower push with only 2 defending. Not jumping on solo heroes...

i couldnt understand why they weren't going aggressive.

i kept saying... Go Aggressive Go Aggressive.

about the 24 minute mark i forced them to smoke gank with me ...took me about 3 minutes.

what happened?

we team wiped them and got two towers.

i forced them to smoke gank with me again at 31 minutes... what happened?

we team wiped again...

then people just started farming.

i dont understand it. i really dont. when you have a lineup that requires a certain strategy why do people not play to it?

i dont get it.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » November 6, 2014 7:28pm | Report
Because everyone has old habits. For example I am trying to get out of old habits where I push for that "extra" kill which ends up making it more worth while for them in the end.
I am presuming that you were on the back foot early so everyone has switched to def and farm strat but I do not understand how they cannot make a transition into pushing once you get a team wipe.
You have my sympathies for that loss.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 6, 2014 7:34pm | Report
it was annoying because everytime they would get away from a fight with 4 heroes at under 100 hp. all because one or two heroes were off farming early game...

argh i just wish people would realise how to play dota properly.

yes you can use a heroes abilites right but if you dont play them to their strangths then whats the point....

meh rant over.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 7, 2014 3:20am | Report
i had exactly the opposite problem in all my recent games. 90% of all players that were not in my party seemed to be russians. i know the russian servers were down for two days but even on other recent days russians seemed to be BY FAR the most on EU west.

now dont get me wrong, a decent amount of them were nice and could speak english but still..... you can see the difference in playstyle. no patience, not knowing if they can take a target down, overagression, and EXTREMELY bad at going highground since they are so unorganised.

games also seem to take a lot longer, atleast for me. probably a combination of unorganised russians and the last patch.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » November 7, 2014 3:30am | Report
I find it's a nightmare when there is one dude on the team who is determined to split push. Yes, it may have got you a tower that one time, but all the other 5v4 fights? Urgh.

Smuggels wrote:

it was annoying because everytime they would get away from a fight with 4 heroes at under 100 hp. all because one or two heroes were off farming early game...

This is the **** that happens. and then we just get "Well you won the fight!", well, yes but that isn't the point.
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved