Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

(Highly gimmicky) A counter to ancient-farming Necrophos

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » (Highly gimmicky) A counter to ancient-farming Necrophos 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bl1tzKri3eg » July 30, 2015 11:45am | Report
First of all I'd like to make this clear - this method isn't 100% serious and only advisable in lower level pubs since you're essentially wasting one observer ward at the start (but its not like anyone runs ancient-farming Necro at higher levels, do they?).

So me and DeoAquae played this match today which featured one ****head of a guy with his afk-farming necro. We eventually lost the game (but that's another story, mistakes were made on our part) and following that I opened a lobby to find some nice ward spots. If you are like me, i.e. really annoyed of this cancer of a strategy, feel free to try this out.

If he's on the Radiant side, this ward is near impossible to deward. One thing to note is that make sure to place the ward as close to the tree as possible, if you put it even a little more to the left then the camp will spawn.

Another spot, this one requires a Quelling blade since there is a tree exactly where the ward is placed.

For a Dire necro, you will NEED the QB. Cut the innermost tree (exactly where the ward is) then place your ward down between the trees and there is almost no way its going to get dewarded.

Then again there's other things you can do vs a afk necro, like picking Riki/Bounty Hunter and sapping xp, but I just found these basically un-dewardable spots and wanted to share them.

Come to think of it, these might be legit ward spots mid-late game if you REALLY don't want an opposing Anti-Mage or Medusa or any hard carry to farm their ancients, still extremely situational though.

Bl1tzKri3eg

Steam: BliTzKri3g
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » July 30, 2015 11:57am | Report
Thanks, this can indeed be usefull!

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » July 30, 2015 12:03pm | Report
If the point is to shut down an enemy Necro ancient farming, you know, he'll be at his ancient camp before you get there to ward it (it's his side of the map after all)... you can't just show up in front of his face like "hello just passing through to ward your ancients"...he'll see your obvious ward and just deward straight away.
Besides a decent player will put a ward himself on the rune spot to see anything like what you're trying to do...

TLDR : he'll see you coming from 2000 miles away. Or he's really really really braindead.

At first when reading I thought it was an idea to stop an ancient farming Necro in your *own* team...like ward your own ancients and force him to play support or something :)
AFAIK there's no way to kill your own team's wards. 100% reliable griefing confirmed xD
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 30, 2015 12:22pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

If the point is to shut down an enemy Necro ancient farming, you know, he'll be at his ancient camp before you get there to ward it (it's his side of the map after all)... you can't just show up in front of his face like "hello just passing through to ward your ancients"...he'll see your obvious ward and just deward straight away.
Besides a decent player will put a ward himself on the rune spot to see anything like what you're trying to do...

TLDR : he'll see you coming from 2000 miles away. Or he's really really really braindead.

At first when reading I thought it was an idea to stop an ancient farming Necro in your *own* team...like ward your own ancients and force him to play support or something :)

Ancient faring necro + decent player? Wuuuaaaaaaaat?

Wading is indeed the best option, but if he dewards just run at him when he is level 1. Stalk his sorry *** and make his game miserable.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 30, 2015 12:44pm | Report
Its not that hard to deward the first one. you simply have to put a sentry on the opposite end of the cliff.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 30, 2015 1:27pm | Report
Or you could, you know, GANK him (trench tier scrubs are gasping with horror), negating any gold he gets from the ancients. I played Legion Commander the other day and got 30 duel damage off of an ancient farming necro before 15 minutes.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » July 30, 2015 2:00pm | Report
Sometimes it is better to NOT ward the enemy's ancient. Put ward all you like, actually, but keep the camp from spawning. Smoke up, he's prone to ganks without Death Pulse. He's food most times of the game.

If you want to ward an ancient, ward yours instead to prevent ancient necro on your team Xd
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 30, 2015 2:20pm | Report
Best way to counter an ancient-ing Necro is to leave him be. He isn't getting the optimal farm and he's leaving his other lanes weak.

Go aggressive on the other lanes and win them hard.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » July 31, 2015 12:19pm | Report
You what??
If this Necrophos is not brain-******ed and you leave him be he will have his ult and a Blink Dagger up extremely fast and then gank non-stop.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 31, 2015 3:10pm | Report
Exactly. If you aren't brain-******ed either you will have your ult and your core item faster that he does. Then you can gank him non-stop.

Let him be. By the time he farms his 6 and his items, all three of his lanes would have lost and have nothing to gank.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved