Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Guardian Greaves on Huskar?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Guardian Greaves on Huskar? 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bl1tzKri3eg » July 31, 2015 10:28am | Report
SO I had this match with me trying out my perhaps not-so-original Huskar build:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1673972720

If you cant already tell, the idea here is to stack as much armor as possible. Since Huskar operates best when on low health, I felt damage resistance is most useful to help me stay in that 30-40% hp range.

So the question here is, has anyone tried Guardian Greaves on Huskar? tbh I don't fully understand the purpose of Treads in particular, though I could be missing something. On the other hand, the extra armor and hp regen you get from Greaves when at low health could really help out (that's not even considering its active). In a somewhat similar vein, what about Tranquils or Phase boots early-mid game? Tranquils also give a tiny bit of armor while the extra damage from Phase complements Huskar's potentially high attack speed.

Thoughts?

Bl1tzKri3eg

Steam: BliTzKri3g
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » July 31, 2015 12:17pm | Report
Well if you go for Mekansm then I would just leave the Boots of Speed until you finish another item. Later on you can then upgrade them into Guardian Greaves.
I would never rush them though as the recipe is too damm expensive and it is just there to free a slot.
Another negative aspect would be that you can't go for Boots of Traveling (unless you buy two pair of boots which would be rather dumb) meaning that you can not have global mobility.
So you are prone to falling to rat doto and you will always need to carry a Town Portal Scroll because of this reason....which means that you loose the slot you just freed -_- .
However it is a very good item for if you have a teamfight-centered team or a deathball strat.
These are just my two cents I guess there are some smarter guys around here that will be able to explain this in a better way.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved