Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Fun but strong trilane?!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Fun but strong trilane?! 11 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » June 25, 2013 10:50am | Report
mattyg2787 wrote:

Kotl + tree = unkillable carry - spam those spells

True, but tree's shield/heal is global - trilane isn't even necessary, so he can shield the carry from the offlane and mess with the enemy jungler (if there is one).

Xyrus wrote:

I don't see why there is even a need for a Hard Carry, after all, you can win with Early-Mid Game Heroes if you're aggressive right from the start, although I agree you need at least a Semi-Carry who provides a lot of Pushing/Ganking. You just need to go for a win at the 20-30 minute mark with an Aggressive Tri-Lane if you don't pick a Hard Carry.

Darer vs Empire

This is also true - in my experience, higher-level matches are more likely to lack standard hard carries altogether (whereas low level matches have 2-3 per team), and this is definitely true for competitive as well. The issue is that with a push-heavy lineup (and you shouldn't be able to win by 30 without one, unless the other team messes up via bad picks or bad play) is that if you don't win early you probably won't win at all. That being said, I feel like gank-and-push-hard games are much more enjoyable than the "wait for the carry to get fat" strategy (since I don't often play carry).

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved