Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Eul's Scepter... too OP to cast on allies?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Eul's Scepter... too OP to cast on allies? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RmM_oo » November 7, 2015 3:33am | Report
Hi!

What's the main reason for you to not being able to cast on allies?

To cheap to save allies from almost any spell?
To much jokes in pub games?

It was simple not build to do that?

What is your opinion about it? Icefrog can change this fact in the future?

Thank you!

Edit: Man, I wrote wrong the tread title. *sigh* =\ Sorry.

RmM_oo

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » November 7, 2015 4:58am | Report
Uhm...in the past you could cast it on allies.
It was just a bit too strong if you ask me. Keep in mind the old range of the scepter.
Ally stunned? Eul's Scepter of Divinity. Chronosphere? Eul's Scepter of Divinity.
It just countered everything you threw at someone. Just imagine it like Tusk's Snowball but with an incredible range.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 7, 2015 6:45am | Report
It also used to be incredibly trolly.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » November 7, 2015 9:22am | Report
It's incredibly op if you can cast it on allies. Ally-target purges are among the strongest skills and having a already versatile item like eul's being even more versatile will push it into op range easily.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 7, 2015 9:23am | Report
Saving allies from literally anything is simply not balanced. That's why only a select few heroes like Shadow Demon or outworld devourer can do the equivalent of "casting euls on a teammate".

If any hero can cyclone a teammate at any moment, stuns are straight up useless in dota. Because if you stun a guy to focus him, he'll always get cycloned up and be invulnerable and your stun just did nothing.

Besides Euls was the most broken item in the game for like 4-5 patches straight. Only now after some massive nerfs is it starting to be balanced...and it's still a top-tier pickup even then. Euls already has the ability to make yourself impossible to focus and immune to silence *as well* as the ability to turn any skillshot into a 100% reliable hit. Now if it also allowed you to make teammates immune to stuns...you get the idea :)

Don't forget that old euls had a charge limit like diffusal does. Current euls is already too good, it's not getting buffed, on the contrary.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » November 7, 2015 10:41am | Report
I wish it could still be used on allies but with reduced range and duration
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved