Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Enigma on paper- 1v1 beat any carry/hero?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Enigma on paper- 1v1 beat any carry/hero? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SheepCrys » March 21, 2015 9:59pm | Report
Alright before we look at the math, let's start with the item that I've thought long and hard on.

Blink Dagger
Eul's Scepter of Divinity
Aghanim's Scepter
Refresher Orb
Scythe of Vyse (Sheep stick)
Necronomicon (Lvl3)

BEFORE we look at the math, let's look at enigma's current stat (lvl.25 with all item that I mention above)

HP: 2687
MP: 2835.8
Armor: 12.92 (43.67% Phys Resist)
Magic Resist: 25%
Dmg 228 � 234 + 40

(These are all the stat I need)

Alright so here's the combo that I was thinking that can kill any hero (on paper).

Blink>Eul>Midnightpulse>Necro>Blackhole>Sheepstick>Malefice>Refresher>Midnightpulse>Blackhole>Sheepstick>Malefice.

I can add more for example using the ranged necro's mana burn, or converting one of the necro into eidolon, or right click a little but I don't feel like that will do any majoy difference.

Here's the damage calculation that I've done for you guys:

Malefice= 315 dmg (Both + default reduction 25%)

Blackhole (In the middle) = 900 dmg (Both + 25% reduct)

Necronomicon (Estimation) Around 500-1500 dmg(Depending on carry's item), may get lower than 500.

Mid night pulse = 57.75% x 4 = 231% OF IT'S ENTIRE HEALTH.

So. 315+900+500(To be safe)+ 231% = 1715 hp + 231% of their entire hp.

Mid night pulse's entire duration is 11 second.
Blackhole= 4 sec x 2 = 8 second
Sheepstick = 3.5 second x 2 = 7 second
8+7= 15 second of complete disability.

TL;DR = With the item I've noted above and the combo. Enigma can disable any hero for 15 second and deal 1715dmg + 231% of their entire hp. AS LONG AS ENIGMA GET THE HERO EULED.

Thoughts? Or if I mess something up, please correct me.

EDIT: Here's the entire mana cost. 200 (sheepstick) + 375 (refresher) + 280 (Midnightpulse) + 850 (Blackhole) + 50 (Necronomicon) + 150 (Eul) + 320 (Malefice) = 2225. Enigma have 2835.8 mana.

SheepCrys

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » March 21, 2015 11:21pm | Report
If there's Eul's initiation troll and void can bashlord enigma down by activating bkb and hitting before black hole's cast animation

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 21, 2015 11:49pm | Report
It can kill an entire team with everything you listed there, not just any carry. Quad Midnight Pulse (if you have Aghanim's Scepter) is 308% of the enemy HP. But for the sake of it, say they only stay 8 seconds in all (double Black Hole holding them in place).

That's still 224% of their HP. You can also add Shiva's Guard while channeling. That should be an extra 400 damage.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 22, 2015 12:15am | Report
let us not forget 1200 maximum dealable damage from Black Hole while we're at it shall we :)?

since this is on paper, i shall do a small calculation.

(224% - 224 *25/100) + 400 * 25/100 + 1200 * 25/100 = (224-56)% + (400-100) + (1200-300) = 168% + 300 + 900 = 168% + 1200 effective damage

the above calculation was done considering 25% resistance.

Halving the above damage will give the damage dealt if the target has a hood/pipe since the item gives a total effective magic resistance of 47.5%, which can be rounded off to 50%.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SheepCrys » March 22, 2015 4:29pm | Report

If there's Eul's initiation troll and void can bashlord enigma down by activating bkb and hitting before black hole's cast animation

That's not possible because you can simply cast blackhole slighty before eul end.

SheepCrys

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SheepCrys » March 22, 2015 4:38pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

It can kill an entire team with everything you listed there, not just any carry. Quad Midnight Pulse (if you have Aghanim's Scepter) is 308% of the enemy HP. But for the sake of it, say they only stay 8 seconds in all (double Black Hole holding them in place).

That's still 224% of their HP. You can also add Shiva's Guard while channeling. That should be an extra 400 damage.

To be fair, I don't think it can because while you can land a 5 man blaclhole, sythe of vyse only work on 1 target and refresher takes a bit of time. 1 prchard, stun, etc can instantly kill enigma. The maxium damage enigma can do here is about half of everyone's health, which only need aghanim to succeed.
And bkb won't help since abyssal and many others go through it.

SheepCrys

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » March 22, 2015 4:48pm | Report
by holding OP's assumption
Get support magnus and core engima
Win games
GG

I remember my old threads........sigh.

Those were the halcyon days.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 23, 2015 10:16am | Report
SheepCrys wrote:

To be fair, I don't think it can because while you can land a 5 man blaclhole, sythe of vyse only work on 1 target and refresher takes a bit of time. 1 prchard, stun, etc can instantly kill enigma. The maxium damage enigma can do here is about half of everyone's health, which only need aghanim to succeed.
And bkb won't help since abyssal and many others go through it.

???

You don't need to sheep anyone, just cast the Black Hole again after the refresher. You deal twice the amount of HP anyone has in damage. It's 7% per second. That's 77% damage in one midnight pulse. 56% damage if they stand through 8 seconds. Multiply that by 4 midnight pulses, you get 224% of their HP. Nothing survives.

Refresh doesn't take anything at all if you're fast enough. You can just use Linken's Sphere then. Even if, you won't need it with quick fingers.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 23, 2015 11:45am | Report
0 cast time my friend, blackholes can be cast with an interval of 0.1 seconds

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » March 23, 2015 1:01pm | Report
In theory, yes. However, a few things to consider:

- Unless you land a 5 man Black Hole, there are tons of things that can break your channelling, even if you bought BKB. Soon as that channelling is broken, so is your damage/disable.

- 3 minute cooldown on this combo, which is much longer than the respawn time of a max level hero, even without considering buyback.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved