Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

EarthShaker + Dagon. Is it efficient? Does the extra mana help?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » EarthShaker + Dagon. Is it efficient? Does the extra mana help? 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » November 16, 2013 1:40pm | Report
Since Hades4U closed my Dagon Thread I guess I will now have to make individual threads to address how the dagon should be used on certain heroes.

Has anyone ever tried using Dagon on Earthshaker?

If so, does the extra manapool from dagon really help him?

Also after Earthshaker has Blink Dagger and ulties does using a dagon to pick off the remaining heroes seem reasonable.

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » November 16, 2013 4:35pm | Report
Quick Hades, close them all before he gets out of control again!

#carryshaker
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » November 17, 2013 7:04am | Report
R-Conqueror wrote:

Quick Hades, close them all before he gets out of control again!

#carryshaker

Sheesh, thanks a lot. Hades is a jealous man so he will close all my great discussions.

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » November 17, 2013 7:33am | Report
The only guy who should buy a Dagon is Flying Courier.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » November 18, 2013 3:20am | Report
Pu12e wrote:

Since Hades4U closed my Dagon Thread I guess I will now have to make individual threads to address how the dagon should be used on certain heroes.

Has anyone ever tried using Dagon on Earthshaker?

If so, does the extra manapool from dagon really help him?

Also after Earthshaker has Blink Dagger and ulties does using a dagon to pick off the remaining heroes seem reasonable.

I find both Refresher Orb and Aghanim's Scepter better pickups than Dagon for damage output and mana pool.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » November 18, 2013 8:42pm | Report
I dont want to go deep into depth, but it's certainly not worth purchasing a Dagon as it is quite expensive to make. It's better to make other items such as a Blink Dagger asap as it only costs 75 mana to cast and practically instantly gives Earthshaker the opportunity to land his Echo Slam on all surrounding heroes. After he casts all of his spells, he would more or less be depleted or may have enough mana a little way down the road for a Fissure and Enchant Totem. I prefer the ability to stun to support my carries rather than carry myself if i were to play Earthshaker

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Illiander » November 20, 2013 11:20am | Report
You know what else works really well on an Earthshaker, Pu12e?

Tranquil Boots *and* Phase Boots

Think what all that movement speed would do to help him land those Dagon hits!

edit: Am I doing this right?

Illiander

Notable (2)
Steam: Illy
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » November 22, 2013 2:01am | Report
Crit-shaker is more fun.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hinakurinchi » November 22, 2013 6:34am | Report
Lol, know that Kyfoid is gone, Pu12e takes up upon himself by creating threads where supports should get rampages and dagon to ks the carries O_o

Hinakurinchi

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved