Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dumb Question S02EP09: Manta on Transformation Hero

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Dumb Question S02EP09: Manta on Transformation Hero 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 15, 2014 8:27am | Report
So if you read my ability draft post you see an illusiom with Shapeshift.

This works wonders.
I also have seen Bounty Hunter doing the same thing with Elder Dragon Form.

So is Manta Style works legit on transformation heroes?
Terrorblade is rather obvious.

Previous Episode: Overgrowth vs Ravage
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » September 15, 2014 8:34am | Report
im pretty sure the damage over time effect from dragon form does not work with illusions, it will make them ranged BUT ranged manta illusions actually do less damage then mellee illusions.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 15, 2014 8:46am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

im pretty sure the damage over time effect from dragon form does not work with illusions, it will make them ranged BUT ranged manta illusions actually do less damage then mellee illusions.

And about Lycan?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » September 15, 2014 9:00am | Report
Manta Style on Dragon Knight is amazing. The illusions get the splash damage! Exactly like Luna or Medusa, if you can make cleaving illusions it's always really good.

Manta Style Lycan tho, new meta? :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » September 15, 2014 9:16am | Report
Manta has always been legit on lycan, if you're going full rat build it's often the best option following vlads+necro.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by zxBLAZExz » September 15, 2014 9:57am | Report
Personally, I play teamfight, in yo face style Lycan (no necro, just bash and crit). That being said, the thought of having manta to pop as I go man mode gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside that can only be described as bloodlust, so I know what I'm trying later!

zxBLAZExz

Steam: Putin Putin Boom Boom
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » September 15, 2014 11:25am | Report
Manta DK is wonderful. I usually make Yasha early on for some attack speed and finish the full manta later. It's soooo much better than SnY. My usual DK is Treads -> Shadow Blade -> Yasha, then whatever I need. You're a ganking machine.

It's a really underrated item on a lot of STR carries. It's a logical follow up to necrobook on Lycan for some extra push (or to fool your enemies into wasting spells on you by having one illusion at the tower).

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 15, 2014 12:21pm | Report
Pre - nerf Chemical Rage, manta Alchemist was awesome. Not really transforming, but manta Tiny is awesome as well. Even though illusions don't deal extra damage to buildings while having scepter, his illusions are quite tanky, and they benefit from the grow! damage, because it is considered to be base damage.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » September 15, 2014 12:39pm | Report
Tiny with Aghanim's Scepter and Manta Style reks a base in under 30 seconds.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved