Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

another thoughts on drafts thread. sry :)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » another thoughts on drafts thread. sry :) 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » June 22, 2015 4:23am | Report
hey guys i was sole drafter in these games.

trying out some different strats

wouldnt mind your thoughts on the drafts and item choices.

Draft1
disrupter and tusk were our first two picks. i wanted to pick tusk cause i could potentially run an aggro tri or swap him into a core if need. disrupter because i didnt want to have to ban mobility heroes but wanted a way to counter them. tusk because... tusk. ;)

i went slark due to tree and invoker being as he deals well with both of them. they went PA into slark pretty dumb but yea rounded it off with an axe because they went 3 melee heroes in a safelane ... as u can see axe had some fun :)

Draft 2

This one is a draft ive wanted to do for a while. its really strong in current meta and provides a lot throughout the game. this LC was supposed to be solo off but we swapped it round and ran her solo safe with an aggro trilane we got a couple of kills but overextended and lost the advantage so we left gyro solo off and roamed. they anticipated the lc and went a solo offlane silencer who rekt but we rotated a lot and got kills.

anyway i wanted to ban AM but i forgot and banned lich instead . ****ingidiot.jpg :P but yea they were up in XP and gold but a HUGE ECHO by me mid way through got me an ultra kill and turned the game around pretty hard :) then we snowballed and won game.

Draft 3

probably the best game of the night. big plays all around. in drafting stage they started out with strong initiation in magnus so i knew they wanted to take fights hard. so i went strong counter initiation with the silencer wyvern with silencer as mid/core. they picked sky so i knew id be picking rubick no matter what and they didnt ban it so woooo. i grabbed the sb for solo offlane and he played exactly how we needed it with him just screaming MOOOOOO and charging in. worked wonders :). then and heres the funny thing... i ran outa time for my last pick i wanted puck but mid and safelane couldnt agree on what to pick so the timer ran down and we got randomed a TA..... wtf.jpg so we placed her solo safelane in the position one and it worked out pretty good silencer mid traded well with viper but everything was even until they tried to gank mid with 3 heroes and i was staking camps at the time and artic galed over the trees and froze the silencer on like 50hp and turned it into a triple kill. anyway . masssive plays by rubick in late game. he stole rp split and sky ult all in one fight. pretty crazy.

so thoughts?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by voodoodoll » June 23, 2015 9:08am | Report
Don't have too much to say, this is probably way beyond my level of play. Two things:

Draft 1: Linken's on QOP? Don't see any spells worth blocking except Arrow and the Eul's, and Linken's for that alone seems a bit overkill. Especially considering your team didn't have a Hex, I think that may have been better. Game looks like a stomp, though, so it doesn't look like it mattered. ;)

Draft 3: What the hell is that Radiance on the Brew? :D

voodoodoll

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » June 23, 2015 10:35am | Report
Why did you first ban Brood? Like, I understand why you would ban the hero, but not why you'd first ban it? Since other than personal distaste there's no reason to; The hero suffers from being counter=picked when picked that early. I can understand a 3-4 ban, but not a 1-2.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by highlord728 » June 23, 2015 12:04pm | Report
what was the match id for the third match. I wanna see the rubick stealing rp, primal spilt and mystic flare and using them

highlord728

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 23, 2015 1:11pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

Draft1

i went slark due to tree and invoker being as he deals well with both of them.

Draft 2

this LC was supposed to be solo off but we swapped it round and ran her solo safe with an aggro trilane we got a couple of kills but overextended and lost the advantage so we left gyro solo off and roamed. they anticipated the lc and went a solo offlane silencer who rekt but we rotated a lot and got kills.

Draft 3

in drafting stage they started out with strong initiation in magnus so i knew they wanted to take fights hard. so i went strong counter initiation with the silencer wyvern with silencer as mid/core.

It feels like you're getting to caught up in countering their (1st) Picks and not focusing on your own game. For example, you Picked Disruptor just because they might pick something that he counters? If they didn't pick any mobility Heroes, would there have been a hero you could have made better use of in your lineup?

Judging from your lineup, your plan for Game 1 was to jump the other team constantly and you were clearly thinking about the Slark Pick when you made your 1st Bans (Storm can zip in and out kiting you if you're not careful, and Doom] prevents [[Slark from doing anything if you don't destroy him fast enough). Picking Axe and Tusk as your 1st picks would probably have been the better choice here since they compliment a Slark Pick the most. If worst comes to worst and Slark gets Banned, you could have had plenty of fun with Phantom Assassin or Storm Spirit

Moving on to Game 2...

You planned to put Legion Commander Offlane, but changed it round into an Aggro Tri-Lane. Considering the only thing that changed after the Legion Pick was their Lion pick....this is quite...confusing...

I'm not sure if you suddenly decided that AM had to be crushed in Lane from the get-go or you thought that Undying was going to be a Tri-Lane Support up until that point, but you need a Silence in order to Kill AM with an Aggro Tri-Lane. If it's a case of Disrupting Anti-Mage's Farm and being a general nuisance to him, then Axe would have been a better Pick here.
Sanvitch wrote:

Why did you first ban Brood? Like, I understand why you would ban the hero, but not why you'd first ban it? Since other than personal distaste there's no reason to; The hero suffers from being counter=picked when picked that early. I can understand a 3-4 ban, but not a 1-2.

Well, 4th or final pick as far as EU Competetive goes. I agree with Sandvitch though, the Broodmother Bans were a bit premature. Just Pick Axe + someone who clears Creep Waves quickly and her life is hard. You only need to Ban her if you have no way of dealing with her AND they need a Solo Laner who creates space for the rest of the Team.

Finally, Game 3...

Your 1st Picks were weak compared to the other Team. Yes, you have plenty of counter-initiation, but that will not win the game. Reverse Polarity can win games and suit many strategies, getting Pick offs on the most important hero on the other team, landing a 3 man RP on High Ground, Mag is a pretty solid Pick most games. Just Picking a Silencer will not stop RP from going off if the Magnus is smart (I'm guessing he wasn't...straight Refresher Orb...no BKB...). In comparison, you managed to get a good Support and a walking Ult.

Again, you're focusing too much on trying to stop 1 Hero on the other team, while not setting up a strong team on your side.

Basically, just go into a game with a plan for what you want to do. Look at the 1st Banning Phase and make adjustments, focus on securing the 2 most important Heroes to your strategy before ANYTHING ELSE. It's fine to change your mind about your 1st Picks if 1 or even both of them get Banned or Picked by the ohter side, but even if you get Counter-Picked in the 1st Phase, e.g. you pick Leshrac, they pick Silencer, you can usually deal with Counter-Picks by adjusting your item Build, e.g. Black King Bar / Eul's Scepter. You can always discuss with your Team and make alterations and Counter-Picks during the 2nd and Final Pick Phases.

Don't waste time arguing with your team, if there's no time left on the clock, just Pick whatever you think is needed, lucky randoms almost never happen. If they know better than you, then perhaps they should be Drafting. ;{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » June 23, 2015 1:20pm | Report
voodoodoll wrote:

Don't have too much to say, this is probably way beyond my level of play. Two things:

Draft 1: Linken's on QOP? Don't see any spells worth blocking except Arrow and the Eul's, and Linken's for that alone seems a bit overkill. Especially considering your team didn't have a Hex, I think that may have been better. Game looks like a stomp, though, so it doesn't look like it mattered. ;)

linkens was purely for Euls, since she didnt have a high hp pool and invoker went exort he could one combo kill her and euls allowed he time to get away.

voodoodoll wrote:

Draft 3: What the hell is that Radiance on the Brew? :D

the radiance was actually a good pick since it forced our cores to go mkb just to deal damage and hit people and since split gets the aura i.e. the radiance miss chance lasted throughout the fights.

Sanvitch wrote:

we really really really really hate brood... a lot.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved