Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.86/7 Turquoise Disco Pony-Goat

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » 6.86/7 Turquoise Disco Pony-Goat 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » April 24, 2016 3:27pm | Report
So, I've studied up some for next weekend's match, formulating plans and what not when I got to thinking Leshrac (and not just so I can show off my pretty immortal). More, in what way could I incorporate Leshrac into certain strats? From what I understand, he fits into the "end the game before the 40 minute mark" category of heroes. What I wish to know is how to fit him into a draft; what heroes compliment his skillset, what bad enemies should I look for, should I go for defensive supports to ensure he can keep pumping out Pulse Nova damage or go for mana batteries to make sure mana is never an issue, you know, that sort of stuff.

So, let's discuss the best hero of 6.84!

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » April 24, 2016 4:24pm | Report
Best hero of 6.84 was Techies, not Leshrac.

Alright, let's look at Charles. His main advantage is his massive damage output on very low cooldowns and his high built in crowd control between his stun and slow which other high damage heroes like Zeus, Tinker, and Razor don't have. His weakness is the heavy mana cost of his skills and him being extremely fragile, this makes his item choices very difficult, since the only item that can sate your mana is bloodstone, but you lose charges really easily, a lot more easily than Timber or Storm. Also his base damage sucks so hard, so you're probably gonna have a really hard time winning mid unless you can kill your opponent.

So, if you want to run Core Leshrac, you need to keep him alive. If you want to run support leshrac, you need both a setup skill (Shadow Demon, Bane), and a mana battery (CM works, a mid OD is probably better), since you probably are going Edict last and will need it to spam your skills. In general, with Leshrac, your timing window is about 20-40 minutes.

Heroes I would draft with Leshrac. I would probably run an Oracle and a Pugna (in Position 3, his ideal position, probably do dual lanes), because Leshrac can output his damage without his right clicks, so protecting him from nukes is a big deal ( Death Prophet also works with this duo). Pugna can heal him as well during False Promise, and comboing Decrepify with Fate's Edict will make Leshrac pretty much invincible against nonpure damage, and you don't want enemies to get Pugna if you run Leshrac, plus, easy amplify on Leshrac's targets if you're ganking. This assumes someone on your team can play these heroes though. If you want other heroes that can do a similar job but are much easier to play, run Abaddon + Lich, they'll be able to keep him alive probably.

Other heroes that you can run with Leshrac are heroes with high cooldown skills, because Leshrac can fill in for them for those fights when their big spells are on cooldown. For offlane, Tidehunter. Enigma for jungle. For Position 1 carries, Chaos Knight or Dragon Knight (who is only viable in safelane unless both OD and Invoker are banned).

Leshrac is great against enemies if they are full of fragile heroes, since he can just nuke them down. A team with many melee heroes is also very weak to him. He is probably the best position 2 hero for dealing with illusion carries as well.

Leshrac's big counterpicks are first, Pugna. Ban or Pick him if you are running Leshrac, unless he's the surprise pick. And then comes heroes with magic resistance, AM (this guy especially, avoid him!), Pudge, Huskar, and Rubick. Magic immunity heroes like Juggernaut and LS also kill Charles, though he's good against Omni, since he damages through guardian angel. Finally, long ranged dps heroes will not get hit by your stuns, slows, or pulse nova, heroes like Clinkz, Drow, and Sniper.

Here are example Leshrac drafts for you:
1: Chaos Knight 2: Leshrac 3: Pugna off 4: Oracle safe 5: Lion off.
Disables, survival for Leshrac, can also bail out CK if he gets jumped on. The push power is really strong too. Lion and Oracle both need to get Arcanes though. CK can be anyone, but preferably not a super greedy hero like Sven or AM, since Leshrac is rather greedy.

1:Gyrocopter 2: Leshrac 3:Tidehunter off 4:Abaddon safe 5:Lich safe
This is one hell of a fighting and tower taking team, you will probably be able to overwhelm most enemies with this. The gyro has to be able to farm, and Abaddon and Lich do risk being underleveled due to trilaning.

1: Spectre 2: Outworld Devourer 3: Faceless Void 4: Leshrac safe 5:Bane/Crystal Maiden safe
This is a support leshrac draft, with 6.86 meta heroes, this team's late game is quite stunning, and lets Leshrac have both mana support, and a respectable amount of disable.

1: DK 2:Leshrac 3:Clockwerk 4:Enigma jungle 5:Dazzle
For a mix of wombo teamfight and sick sick pushing, as well as the sustain to keep DK and Leshrac up. This build is also the weakest early, and any lost lane besides Clock's offlane will cost you the game.

EDIT: I'm adding this. Leshrac's laning sucks, like.. a lot. If you want to win mid, its probably recommended you run a roamer to help you win mid. The best ones are BH, because Track synergizes well with Leshrac, and Jinada sets up your stun, and Chen, with purge satyr, perma purge the target, stun them, edict them, they are dead. This will leave only 1 support for your carry however, so you will need to pick a carry that lanes well, no Spectres, no CKs.

Anyway, I hope this helped!

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 24, 2016 10:42pm | Report
The issue is that you can't play Lesh the way he was played in 6.84 anymore. Lesh loses mid against pretty much any common mid hero since lightning is no longer a good laning skill, and his base damage is in the dumpster.

If you want to play a core Lesh in a pushing lineup I really recommend that you play him safe lane. On top of fixing his lane issues and being the best at setting up early kills, It also allows for more greedy item builds like going nectarine first item.

Support Lesh is OK-ish but personally I'd pick it mainly for Diabolic Edict (and I'd max it first).

Good point Cuttles for the infinite mana synergy with OSFrog Dankmemer. Both heroes go really well together.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » April 25, 2016 12:07am | Report
Mmmm, Safelane Leshrac. Not viable in pubs, however, since this is an organized game, you can expand your horizons, since Leshrac is technically one of the most flexible heroes (though is to weak to truly be). I will add more to my giant wall of text with a different post.

Anyway, here are some ideas for safelane leshrac. First, you probably want to run your Position 1 in the midlane. There are 3 ways I can see it working.

A: 1: OD mid, 2: Leshrac safelane 3: Tidehunter, 4: Omniknight 5: Witch Doctor
Basically, Omniknight OD combo, except now, you have an actual tower pusher that comes online, basically completing the snowball, since Leshrac can annihilate creeps and towers with his massive mana boost (keep in mind, with maxed OD aura, Leshrac needs about ~1500 mana to be sustained without mana regen items). Tidehunter should go greaves and aura carrier, since he's the best offlaner for those 2 cores. WD is the 5 here because if OD loses mid lane, the strategy falls apart, so you want a hero who can stop dives. This is assuming the enemies let you get the OD Omniknight combo, sooo... good luck.

B: 1: Alchemist mid. 2: Leshrac safelane 3: Centaur 4. Bounty Hunter 5. Oracle
Alright, you're running Alchemist here, which means you need BH to help him win mid, but the idea is simple, get Radiance and Solar Crest on Alchemist, then gift Leshrac an Aghs, who should have a bloodstone done. Then with this massive aoe damage, overrun the opponents. Oracle fits both these cores, since he doubles alch's regen, and keeps Leshrac alive. Centaur is good here because he can use his ult to get your cores into position or to bail them out, and the Mek can be gotten by BH. Btw, ban AA.

C: 1: Bristleback Mid 2: Leshrac safelane 3: Magnus offlane 4: Io mid 5: Lich safelane
In this case, you're running the powerful combo of BB Io mid. Tiny can serve the role, but getting a magnus counter initation is much easier with a Bristle. Like Alch, this gives Leshrac a tank, but this composition, the focus moves from massive damage into womboing and global ganks. Leshrac Lich have very strong comboability with the RP, and its quite easy for BB to overrun the enemies with this, especially if Io stacks ancients for him.

These are just some ideas, but basically they all run with the idea that you'll fight and push early on. It's just in different ways. Don't go ricing with Leshrac, that's how you lose.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved