Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.85 Storm Spirit?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » 6.85 Storm Spirit? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bl1tzKri3eg » November 13, 2015 9:19pm | Report
Of course Storm received some notable nerfs in 6.85 due to his huge popularity in the last patch, so I've been taking advantage of his low pick rate and spamming him for a bit in pubs. To me it seems like he still has carry potential if he gets a good early game snowball off. Yes there is no more insane death-time reduction from Bloodstone, but if you have all your necessary items and get 6-slotted in a decent amount of time (for me that's mostly BoT, Orchid, Bloodstone, Linkens/BKB, Shiva's/AC, sometimes a MKB too) then you are good to go since all Storm needs to do anything is mana, and to sustain his mana he needs farm and items.

Has anyone else played much Storm this patch?

Bl1tzKri3eg

Steam: BliTzKri3g
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 14, 2015 12:26am | Report
Except that he can't solo kill a fly now. Forget about this hero, he's **** now and is a very situational pick against no lockdown.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bl1tzKri3eg » November 14, 2015 1:41am | Report
Since I come from the trench, I guess I can admit that I love Storm mostly for his insane initiation range and solo kill potential...

I mean, how exactly are you supposed to run from a handle a Storm with an early 14-15 min Orchid? I've had decent success with just that, not that I'm saying its good right now or anything, but he is still playable I suppose.

Bl1tzKri3eg

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 14, 2015 2:24am | Report
That's probably just you hugely outplaying trench players. In an even game where midlaners are at least remotely decent and don't die to storm 3 times in lane there's no way you can have 14-15 min orchid without supports devoting all of their time to you i.e camping mid and stacking whole jungle, but then why would do that for Storm when there are a lot of mids who can kill stuff at 14-15 mins, be useful in teamfights and scale to the late game reliably and not till you give away a streak and lose your Bloodstone charges. Wr, SF, TA are just flat out better this patch and can kill more than one hero in a fight.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bl1tzKri3eg » November 14, 2015 2:34am | Report
There are games where I simply snowball out of control with Bloodstone, and just as easily throw the game with just one untimely death, and of course blowing most of my mana on one hero then having to back out which makes it difficult to have significant teamfight impact without an Aegis.

Your post does make sense, I'll probably go back to spamming invo instead of storm.

Bl1tzKri3eg

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 14, 2015 2:37am | Report
Bl1tzKri3eg wrote:

There are games where I simply snowball out of control with Bloodstone, and just as easily throw the game with just one untimely death, and of course blowing most of my mana on one hero then having to back out which makes it difficult to have significant teamfight impact without an Aegis.

Yes, basically this is what makes him a **** tier mid now. Laning problems and farm can be fixed by stacks for every hero with a sort of AOE but low impact and huge unreliability can't.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved