Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

100% Situational

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » 100% Situational 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AlphaStrategizer » March 26, 2016 7:00pm | Report
I was getting really bored and spitballing, and I was wondering.....

If you could add an insanely, epically situational item to the game, what would it be?
I mean expensive items that give immensely unique active abilities or abnormal passives that would be useless in 99% of games, but in that 1%, it completely wins you the game.

AlphaStrategizer

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » March 26, 2016 7:55pm | Report

Titan Maul

Divine Rapier + Daedalus + Battle Fury + Desolator

+1000 Damage
-25 Armor on hit
35% chance to crit for 300% damage.
50% cleave in a 500 AOE.

- Titan Maul can only be purchased if the enemy team has nine or more towers on the map. Once a tower is destroyed, Titan Maul can only be held for another five minutes. At the end of this timer, the owner of Titan Maul dies, and after a two second animation, all allied units and structures within a 2000 radius take 10,000 pure damage. The enemy team may then pick up Titan Maul and use it for five minutes, with the same rules, or kill the item for a 500 gold bounty.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » March 26, 2016 9:57pm | Report
So easily abused safecyn, I can tell you that you might think it's good for mega creeps, but people will go maul+aegis and endnthe game every time. They will get a farmer and get aegis on him. GGWP

Get a blink and hide in corner treeline so that enemy doesn't know where it dropped if you died and keep your towers safe as well.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » March 26, 2016 10:15pm | Report
I think Titan Maul is not a very good item. We already have Divine Rapier for comeback attempts. That item is way too strong/way too expensive, and have a ****ty buildup for pretty much anyone that isn't Ember Spirit.

I have my own idea. Soul Catcher
Oblivion Staff -1650 gold
Mystic Staff -2700 gold
Demon Edge -2400 gold

Total - 6750 gold

Have no stats. Bearer lost 20 movement speed and 500 vision. Cannot be dropped, disassembled, and sold (even during 10 seconds period).

Active: Trap Soul
Unit target. Targetted units became controlled by the caster. Can be used on all units (including Roshan (lost the passive where he gets stronger as time passes)) but not on heroes. Item is expended upon use or bearer's death.

Probably incredibly imbalanced (UP/OP). I made the buildup incredibly ****ty to prevent abuse by carries and to cripple supports attempting to buy this item. Good if your team manages to get enough gold to get Roshan before the enemy teams can kill him easily.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved