Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Adam McBeamish

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Signatures & Art » Adam McBeamish 25 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 5, 2013 7:36am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

@Mowen

How did you create that? It's awesome.

Defenders Tutorial

If you try it out, please post it here. I would like to see how everyone puts their own twist on it.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » February 5, 2013 10:09am | Report
The hard parts were figuring out where to put the white and roughing up the bottom of the picture to make it fade. Also finding a big enough watercolor texture might be a little difficult but there are plenty if you search for "watercolor texture" on deviantart.com and you can always make your image a little bit smaller to fit it.

I do have a tablet which made it easier to mark out some white spots and test how they would look, but in the end you still have to use the pen tool or polygonal lasso tool to get everything crisp. For the bottom if you don't have a tablet I'd download some hi res custom watercolor or paint brushes and switch between them to chip away at it. After that you can make the brush low opacity and use a soft round brush to fade it out in some places.

Also thanks for the compliments guys! I'm glad you like it. :) I would love to see you guys try to make one!

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Notable (17)
Steam: Mowen
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 5, 2013 12:27pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

The hard parts were figuring out where to put the white and roughing up the bottom of the picture to make it fade. Also finding a big enough watercolor texture might be a little difficult but there are plenty if you search for "watercolor texture" on deviantart.com and you can always make your image a little bit smaller to fit it.

I do have a tablet which made it easier to mark out some white spots and test how they would look, but in the end you still have to use the pen tool or polygonal lasso tool to get everything crisp. For the bottom if you don't have a tablet I'd download some hi res custom watercolor or paint brushes and switch between them to chip away at it. After that you can make the brush low opacity and use a soft round brush to fade it out in some places.

Also thanks for the compliments guys! I'm glad you like it. :) I would love to see you guys try to make one!

I figured as much about the white parts, instead of a water color I might use a cool looking generated fractal image. Spice it up a little.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » February 5, 2013 1:26pm | Report
Sounds like a cool twist on it. Just make sure to show us when you're done! :D

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Notable (17)
Steam: Mowen
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 5, 2013 1:47pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Sounds like a cool twist on it. Just make sure to show us when you're done! :D

If I don't procrastinate it... xD

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved