Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

World championship football 2014

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » World championship football 2014 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sergeant jazz » June 11, 2014 10:35am | Report
Since the world championship football is about to start I'm making this thread ill give an example of the suestions you could answer.
Which country will you be supporting?
Me:Belgium
Prediction of the winner: I think France because they have a good team.
What is your favourite football player?
Me: Thibaut Courtois because he's a really good keeper.

Sergeant jazz

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DaarkGhost » June 11, 2014 12:34pm | Report
France winning? lololololol. i expect them to fall at the first tour, 2nd maximum lmao:)

I don't really this year's teams power except few, so i'll just skip my expectations.

DaarkGhost

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Treutreu » June 11, 2014 1:05pm | Report
I'm tied between France and Belgium (I'm french but I live in Belgium :D). Belgian Red Devils are very strong at that time and could definitely make it to the quarters at least. As for France, I think they also have some great potential thanks to a new generation of very talented young players, so they could also go far.

Treutreu

Notable (1)
Steam: [kS] Treutreu
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » June 11, 2014 5:01pm | Report
considering the group stages a few quite strong teams are going to have it easy but it will set up some nice 2nd round games.

top 4:

Germany - extremely strong mid and defense but a lack of great forwards might hurt them.

Brazil - home turf, best squad in years, superb football. enough said.

Spain - insanely good team but will have to really pull out some magic to drag them through which i don't doubt they will.

Argentina - Messi ... point made.

games to watch

- Argentina vs Belgium : will be the battle of strong tactical football of Belgium against the magical fluid football of argentina.

- Spain vs Italy : two sides that are full of skill, this will be my one to watch as it will be the one to show off either just how good each side can be or just how dirty.

- Brazil vs England : .... this will either be a complete demolition by brazil of england or a exercise in stubbornness by england and scrappy play bogging down the brazilians and maybe making them scared.

- Brazil vs Germany : ... this will be the one that will make all others seem slow. fast paced pacing with single touches and Germany's defense will be so rock solid Brazil will feel like they are running into a wall. Massive Plays by Neymar down the wing will be crucial to brazil as well as hulks and alves in mid making some big plays. if germany hold out past 30 mins with no goal they will have a chance in the last 10 of the first to slip in a goal as brazil fade of towards the end of their halves .... Watch this one to see football at its finest.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » June 14, 2014 4:41am | Report
I'm just glad valve were smart enough to put the international on the weekend after the world cup final. Would have been a tough decision on which to watch.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » June 14, 2014 6:28am | Report

Since the world championship football is about to start I'm making this thread ill give an example of the suestions you could answer.
Which country will you be supporting?
Me:Belgium
Prediction of the winner: I think France because they have a good team.
What is your favourite football player?
Me: Thibaut Courtois because he's a really good keeper.

Sorry to disapoint, but France's team sucks ATM.Their core players retired 4 years ago(and the couple still left are old - Makelele for example).They still have a couple of good defenders but that's it (Sagna for example).

Quoted:

considering the group stages a few quite strong teams are going to have it easy but it will set up some nice 2nd round games.

top 4:

Germany - extremely strong mid and defense but a lack of great forwards might hurt them.

Brazil - home turf, best squad in years, superb football. enough said.

Spain - insanely good team but will have to really pull out some magic to drag them through which i don't doubt they will.

Argentina - Messi ... point made.

games to watch

- Argentina vs Belgium : will be the battle of strong tactical football of Belgium against the magical fluid football of argentina.

- Spain vs Italy : two sides that are full of skill, this will be my one to watch as it will be the one to show off either just how good each side can be or just how dirty.

- Brazil vs England : .... this will either be a complete demolition by brazil of england or a exercise in stubbornness by england and scrappy play bogging down the brazilians and maybe making them scared.

- Brazil vs Germany : ... this will be the one that will make all others seem slow. fast paced pacing with single touches and Germany's defense will be so rock solid Brazil will feel like they are running into a wall. Massive Plays by Neymar down the wing will be crucial to brazil as well as hulks and alves in mid making some big plays. if germany hold out past 30 mins with no goal they will have a chance in the last 10 of the first to slip in a goal as brazil fade of towards the end of their halves .... Watch this one to see football at its finest.

Surprised how you didn't say anything about the Netherlands.Seems like they delivered against Spain yesterday {1-5). San Iker couldn't be the saviour this time.

Not sure about Spain vs Italy hapening, since the second placed team in group B is going to run against Brazil, and I am not sure if Spain will be able to trump Brazil, especially after their loss at the confederacy cup a year ago (3-0 for Brazil, and after yesterday's loss).

Regarding Brazil vs England, not even sure England will be able to make it out from the group.If they beat Italy today, maybe they will.

Brazil vs Germany will be insane, indeed.Also, what do you mean by Germany not having a good striker? They have Schuuerrle, that's enough.Surprised that Mario Gomez did not return for 2014 just for this occasion.

Argentia sucks lately, because Messi sucks too. If Di Maria won't be able to pull out some insane **** and quality passes just like Xavi does for him at Barca, I don't see it working.

However, my top 4 would be :

Netherlands : They already proven that they are really good, and their coach is really good (Louis van Gaal). They were actually the first team to qualify, 20 minutes before Italy did. And if that is not enough, just check out the pummeling they delivered to Spain yesterday.

Brazil : Sure, home turf and the most supporters, plus the insane combination of good players they have (maybe except the goalie), with Neymar being the brilliance in their set-up. Hulk dispointed a lot in the first game, many misses but really good crosses. They also got an undeserving penalty the first game.

Uruguay : They have proven it 4 years ago, that they have some guts and football in their veins. Forlan, Cavani and Luis Suarez are probably the top strikers in the entire championship.I mean, Suarez played only half a season in The Premier League after he got broken, but he still ended up as being goalgetter. They also have very good defenders, like Maxi Pereira or Caceres.

Italy : Might sound crazy, but as they say, oldie but goldie. Buffon, Pirlo and Cassano might just carry their team to victory. If they lose any game, I can only see that happening because Balloteli is arrogant and won't pass (happened in the past).

Favourite player(s) : Probably Arjen Robben or Luis Suarez

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » June 15, 2014 10:32am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Uruguay : They have proven it 4 years ago, that they have some guts and football in their veins. Forlan, Cavani and Luis Suarez are probably the top strikers in the entire championship.I mean, Suarez played only half a season in The Premier League after he got broken, but he still ended up as being goalgetter. They also have very good defenders, like Maxi Pereira or Caceres.

I would have said this was a good shout before yesterday. I definitely thought Uruguay could be surprise winners. But after losing to Costa Rica it's not looking likely. They were a complete shambles and I can't see them beating England or Italy. Which means England will only need 1 win and 1 draw to go through in 2nd.

Thought England played well despite losing and it certainly looks like Italy will be the best team in the group. Good to see Italy playing attacking football for a change. They often just keep men behind the ball and defend constantly. Sort of the football equivalent of Chinese Dota. :D

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » June 15, 2014 10:48am | Report
manic_e wrote:

I would have said this was a good shout before yesterday. I definitely thought Uruguay could be surprise winners. But after losing to Costa Rica it's not looking likely. They were a complete shambles and I can't see them beating England or Italy. Which means England will only need 1 win and 1 draw to go through in 2nd.

It was quite a shocker for me too. Means that they would have to beat England and Italy too to progress. Did not expect them to do so bad, but one of Costa Rica's goals was from offside anyway. Seems like no game escaped without the referee doing some crucial mistakes.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » June 15, 2014 4:14pm | Report
biggest shocker for me was the spain game .... casillas had an absolute shocker of a game, half the time i was like "WHAT THE F*^K ARE YOU THINKING!!!" ...

costa rica just came out of nowhere hey, big surprise but they played amazing attacking football and their counterattacks left Uruguay on the back foot soooo many times.

the england game was i think a great indicator, if you didnt know the score or didnt see the goals you would have thought england was winning, but as with last time ... rooney let them down ive seen him put in shots from impossible angles in premier but he misses from inside the 18yard with no one marking him? ... horrible not to mention that corner.

i still think argentina will get through, this is messi's last year to shine and if he doesnt now he wont be in another world cup.

netherlands ... jesus i thought they would fall apart under spains attack but ... wtf spain was horrible, no tracking back, no coversw, no switches and their center was all over the place. if they play like that again i wont rate them getting past group.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sergeant jazz » July 9, 2014 1:12am | Report
Brasil-Germany: 1-7. Was the brasilian defense sleeping?

Sergeant jazz

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved