Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

WHAT HAPPENED?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Off Topic » WHAT HAPPENED? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 21, 2015 3:53pm | Report
I know there was some furore over F.E.A.R's blogs, i was there.

I went to check some information relating to my new guide (it's a collab), but i found out that all of them had been deleted.

why were they deleted? They might have been copypasta'd ,but they were resourceful as **** .-.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » March 21, 2015 4:03pm | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

I know there was some furore over F.E.A.R's blogs, i was there.

I went to check some information relating to my new guide (it's a collab), but i found out that all of them had been deleted.

why were they deleted? They might have been copypasta'd ,but they were resourceful as **** .-.

Copy pasta is one thing, stealing something someone worked on for hours and hours and saying you did it is just wrong.

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » March 21, 2015 4:06pm | Report
Actually here provides everything you needs, Fear0's blogs only covers a few parts of them. About 90% of every contents are copied without editing, it's just like photostat-ing man. It's helpful but he just simply copied everything and post it like he wrote them, he made a "Linken's Sphere guide" and claimed it as his own, which actually is written by another person. I don't really understand why would he do that... To earn cheap Rep?
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 21, 2015 4:06pm | Report
Maybe a simple addition of "-credits to ...." would have done the trick?

edit: locket, we really do appreciate your find, but sprinkling salt over the wound won't help.

one has to accept that fear does have good knowledge about the game and has put countless hours for the improvement of the site's huge(believe me, i've been there) database.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » March 21, 2015 4:07pm | Report
^^
He said it was written by himself dude, which is clearly he is lying.

Reply to the edited comment above:
Yes you are right but being helpful doesn't mean we shouldn't judge him. When I joined this website I have already realised that he keeps copy and paste, but I kept my mouth shut because maybe he is trying to help. Until that day when he stole the idea from someone else, I think someone should stand up and ask him why would he do that.

I'm not ranting and I believe I'm right, he should stop copy paste and contribute with his own idea.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 21, 2015 4:19pm | Report
Also, i am pretty sure he DID write that stuff.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » March 21, 2015 4:28pm | Report
Proof? First, in playdota.com Fear's ID is F.E.A.R.0, and the linken's sphere author are called nix.
Also, in the original guide:

Quoted:

Credits:
Thanks to everyone who commented with helpful remarks!

Thanks to spasmodia for helping with later testing revisions.
Thanks to Dracolich's test map for helping me test some recent changes.
Special thanks to my brother Xerxes231 for putting a lot of time and effort put into testing every skill over LAN when I was too tired to operate 3 computers by myself.
Special thanks to AKBu3nY for revising the guide and proposing several changes and clarifications.

Thanks to Unforgiving for translating my guide into Chinese! Though it is not up-to-date, it can be viewed here:

nix带你完全解读林肯法球

There is currently a Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian) translation in the works, by Yodra. You can contact him if you'd like to help out.

Written by nix
Started on Nov 10, 2009.
Drafted on Nov 18, 2009.
Published on Nov 22, 2009.
Last Revised on Jan 26, 2013.

F.E.A.R.0 is not there! And if he DID helped the author writing the guide, why would he delete all his blogs? Was he feeling guilty? He could have come out and explain it. If I misunderstand him then I will apologise, but the fact is undeniable...
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » March 21, 2015 4:34pm | Report
Enough of the berating

M sure we will have an official statement.
Until then please stop speculating and sullying him even further than he has already been.
I am surprised why no mod came here to mark this thread a bit toxic.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » March 21, 2015 4:37pm | Report
Yes Mr.Ice, I'm just telling Kody what happened :X
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » March 21, 2015 4:51pm | Report
I will again clarify my self. I DID NOT STEAL ANYTHING NOR DID I COPY. All I did was write on my own way up to date and for the better good for DF. But seems like some people can't understand that. Those guides are out dated, I as a PD member know Ebster the mechanic leader and Bunny in 2nd place who is a mod on Dota 2 Dev. Bunny to has his own guides in his sig. Does that make him a copy pasta? By your statements probably yes. I feel no guilty and I did not copy paste anything.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved