Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Internet: The Place Where Ignorants Gathered

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » The Internet: The Place Where Ignorants Gathered 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 19, 2014 3:29am | Report
After making enemies in the youtube comment in the last two days, i have come up to the conclusion that the internet is a dangerous place. Seriously, you need some prepared mentals if you want to come here. Its like that dark alley in the streets; only more dangerous.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 19, 2014 4:21am | Report
It's as dangerous as walking in the busy streets of New York, just need the right mind-set and common sense to survive in it

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 19, 2014 4:43am | Report
Nubtrain wrote:

It's as dangerous as walking in the busy streets of New York, just need the right mind-set and common sense to survive in it

Alright, forum game.

Describe a place most similiar to the internet.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » December 19, 2014 4:54am | Report
if its shopping, then marrakesh market

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 19, 2014 5:11am | Report
Kindergarten. Where sandbox bullies fight over candy and marbles while calling themselves names.

No seriously if you want to give an example of anger issues similar to those you see on the Internet you'll have to look in the pre 8-year-old department.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 19, 2014 5:24am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Kindergarten. Where sandbox bullies fight over candy and marbles while calling themselves names.

No seriously if you want to give an example of anger issues similar to those you see on the Internet you'll have to look in the pre 8-year-old department.

xD

They are like... "Stfu ******" everytime someone posts opinions contradicting to their own
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » December 19, 2014 5:45am | Report
I must admit.
I am one of them. I have been very bad, not delibrately of course.
I've realised, the hard way, that keeping your **** together during a stressful game isn't something that you learn once and take for granted
I experience this feeling of having broken my own rules with sufficient regularity that it has become a recognisable psychological scenario in my life,wishing that I could have closed out that last game of Dota without being a **** in this way or that, feeling generally and pervasively unhappy about the type of person I can become under pressure.
Taken form Three lane highway, but the facts mirror my own, it has happened to me.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » December 19, 2014 5:48am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Alright, forum game.

Describe a place most similiar to the internet.

Sweden.

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 19, 2014 7:45am | Report
Ironically enough YouTube comments are actually of the worst Internet places to discuss videos(and everything else) - the degree of supidity is unbearable, I often close the tab mid-string because I can't handle it(seriously, I do it). Especially Dota videos. Especially russian dota videos. Especially russian Dota videos that are not supposed to be funny(a patch analysis, a guide etc). It's like that:

[Minecraft avatar]: hurr durrr here's my stupid uneducated opinion listen to it.
[Dota avatar]: lol go away square head, stupid shoolboy
[Some stupid avatar]: Oh my God, you make a mistake in the word "schoolboy", please, go to school.
[Avatar #4]: it's made not make lol go open your russian language book and do your homework

And this goes for an eternity. Some proof : I have just opened the first video I walked upon in YouTube, one of the first comment replies where some user replied to himself several times: "this schoolboy thinks it's very funny when you reply to yourself. stupid schoolboy" <-translated word in word. Guess what, he's a schoolboy himself. Plot twist!

So Hamstertamer is right, it's like a kindergarden, and it can be said about the whole YouTube actually except music videos. It's so silent in music videos.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 19, 2014 3:59pm | Report
@Keep Kalm

I understand that. I often regret my ****iness and would apologise to the person i flamed at the end of the game (even if i mute him lol)

@Dimonychan

I must say, i quite agree. The opinion was how it grinds my gear how pro players (or any other players really) never had the chance to say "well played" whenever there's an amazing play from the opposition.

@Janitsu

.....racist?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved