Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Razer's Naga Hex

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Razer's Naga Hex 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by virago » January 10, 2012 7:56pm | Report
Came across this article about a new mouse designed with MOBA style games in Mind. This is receiving a lukewarm response in the MOBAFire community. What do you guys think?

Posted by Mike Fahey on January 10, 2012

Razer's Naga Hex is a Mouse Made with the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena Fan in Mind.

Mice aimed at massively-multiplayer online role-playing gamers are all well and good, but what does a League of Legends or Diablo III player need with twelve thumb buttons? That's why the Razer Naga Hex only has six.

I'd say the newly-announced Razer Naga Hex was built from the ground-up with MOBA and action RPG players in mind, but that wouldn't technically be correct. What Razer has done with the Naga Hex is take the twelve button design of the award winning Razer Naga MMO gaming mouse, dropped half of the buttons, and arranged them in a nifty hexagonal pattern for easy access and naming.

Six mechanical buttons should be plenty to keep the League of Legends crowd dominating the field, and three interchangeable thumb rests of differing heights and thicknesses assure that they'll be comfortable while doing so.

"I love RPG and MOBA games. And I believe that having the right abilities available is the difference between slaying enemies and winning, or dying a miserable death and having your character wiped in hardcore mode," said Robert 'RazerGuy' Krakoff, President, Razer USA in a press release today. "That's why we designed the Razer Naga Hex - we believe that the six mechanical thumb buttons are going to help gamers stay ahead of the competition with the best ergonomic control"

original post

Some additional screen shots:

virago

Notable (5)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Plasmodium » January 10, 2012 8:03pm | Report
LookS quite interesting, although in the heat of battle, are people able to correctly push the right button in a split second decision?
I have my two mouse buttons set, can people really use 6?

More posts like this! We don't see you enough!
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Plasmodium

Notable (13)
Steam: RetrtoTvirus
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zeitetsu » January 10, 2012 8:55pm | Report
Design specifically for DotA players, with constant practice using it you might be able to master it.

Zeitetsu

Steam: tzugart
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ZenithOfChaos » January 10, 2012 8:56pm | Report
The Invoker add-on has over 100 buttons. =P

ZenithOfChaos

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » January 11, 2012 4:54am | Report
Zen still doesn't understand invoker, ahehehe.

I find it impractical honestly, I'm content with keyboard hotkeys.

Also I hate the use of the word "MOBA", it sounds silly and the name doesn't even make sense. "Multiplayer Online" is a bit redundant, just one pretty much implies the other. And "Battle Arena" would imply it's a 1v1, and what kind of arena doesn't have battle? But this is a rant for a different thread.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tattsoo » January 11, 2012 8:04am | Report
Atlas wrote:

Zen still doesn't understand invoker, ahehehe.

I find it impractical honestly, I'm content with keyboard hotkeys.

Also I hate the use of the word "MOBA", it sounds silly and the name doesn't even make sense. "Multiplayer Online" is a bit redundant, just one pretty much implies the other. And "Battle Arena" would imply it's a 1v1, and what kind of arena doesn't have battle? But this is a rant for a different thread.
At some point I remember it starting out as "Action RTS" but that name faded once the LoL players ran around with the MOBA term and it has invaded everything.

Anyways I would be more than happy to own the mouse, play a dozen bot games, then go pubbing and you would get used to it. Play a lot more games and it would be second nature.

Tattsoo

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DanielB » January 11, 2012 8:12am | Report
very nice!

DanielB

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DirtySince90 » January 11, 2012 8:39am | Report
Man this mouse looks badass. I will definitely buy it if the top has the same rubberized surface that the death adder has. The reason I never bought the naga was that I knew I couldn't use all of those buttons or even some of them because they were too close together. 6 buttons in this hex shape would be awesome although while in game I probably would only employ about 3 of them for items and maybe another 2-3 for unit groups if I was playing NP, Chen, or Beastmaster

DirtySince90

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by bot100 » January 12, 2012 11:22am | Report
but is a mouse or a spacecraft?

bot100

Steam: bot300495
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ixFusion » January 12, 2012 8:16pm | Report
OR you can be like me and use a WoW Razor Naga and set your key bindings to numbers. Sounds more practical to me.

Lyralei, the Windrunner

ixFusion

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved