Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Okay, so Dotafire top plays?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Okay, so Dotafire top plays? 27 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » May 10, 2015 7:28pm | Report
I know we had a thread about Inhouse top plays, but what about just for dotafire members, not necessarily for the inhouse only? I have lots of spare time, and although I don't have much experience in editing, I'd have the time and effort to do so. Of course someone else could do it if they want. I think it would be nice to just be like: "Oh wow, look at that play Xyrus made" (yea rite :P) and then be able to talk to each other about it, I think it would be really nice. I mean, I have made videos in the past on youtube (when i was 11 years old... no you cannot watch them). So I have decent knowledge of how to upload stuff and how to compile stuff all together. You'd basically just send your replay files, then the approx time the play happened, record it and then I add them together, maybe to 5 or something... idk!

It's sorta a longshot, i guess, but I'd love for it to happen.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » May 10, 2015 7:38pm | Report
Well, I was casting Game 3 and there was the Zaop's amazing Rampage.
At Game 4, maybe my Bristle Swap into the fountain? I wasn't at game 1 and 2.

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » May 10, 2015 7:59pm | Report
We actually had top plays about 2 years ago, but we quit doing them due to lack of good plays and interest. I don't think we're going to bring them back any soon.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » May 10, 2015 9:02pm | Report
Hades4u wrote:

We actually had top plays about 2 years ago, but we quit doing them due to lack of good plays and interest. I don't think we're going to bring them back any soon.

I think I came across one of them once.

Do you think it would be alright if I maybe tried to make a top plays video myself? If it gets any intrest of course. Obviously I would upload it onto my own channel, but it would basically just be my own little project. Not sure if It'd actually go anywhere but I think it would be fun to try and do.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » May 10, 2015 10:23pm | Report
I would be interested.
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » May 10, 2015 10:38pm | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

I think I came across one of them once.

Do you think it would be alright if I maybe tried to make a top plays video myself? If it gets any intrest of course. Obviously I would upload it onto my own channel, but it would basically just be my own little project. Not sure if It'd actually go anywhere but I think it would be fun to try and do.

Sure, feel free to create any kind of content that you like! I'm sure the people around would help.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SatomiCappucino » May 11, 2015 10:54am | Report
Match ID:1457930501
I am the Storm Spirit, my friend is Earthshaker. He is the one making the plays tho(and the random life-saver Lion).
Watch the best moments. There are definitely some good plays there.
Does my friend need to make a dotofire account?(cause it is top dotafire plays, just wondering)
Give her roses to be closer.

SatomiCappucino

Notable (12)
Steam: **Satomi'i
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » May 11, 2015 11:24am | Report

Match ID:1457930501
I am the Storm Spirit, my friend is Earthshaker. He is the one making the plays tho(and the random life-saver Lion).
Watch the best moments. There are definitely some good plays there.
Does my friend need to make a dotofire account?(cause it is top dotafire plays, just wondering)

No it's fine, basically it's just Dotafire top plays since people from dotafire will be submitting them, so your friend doesn't have to make an account if he doesn't want to. I think as long as people know the person who made the plays, it's fine. I will download the replay and have a look, thanks for the submission!

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » May 11, 2015 11:36am | Report
I think people should post time from the replay so Bunkan would have an easier time doing this.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SatomiCappucino » May 11, 2015 11:53am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

I think people should post time from the replay so Bunkan would have an easier time doing this.

The only good stuff from the game is the best moments(u know, dota records them somehow). They are not long, so I think it should be fine.
Give her roses to be closer.

SatomiCappucino

Notable (12)
Steam: **Satomi'i

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved