Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Need help on a BIG problem

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Need help on a BIG problem 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by enZYMEX » July 14, 2012 6:34pm | Report
I have a Nvidia GTX 650 and when i go AFK fr 1 min or more and i shake my mouse, The screen goes black for 2 second Crashes ALL games and Youtubes videos. I would need help on this Don't tell me to reinstal the Driver alredy done 5 times or saying it beacause of screensaver i've disabled it.
Thank you.

enZYMEX

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 15, 2012 3:20pm | Report
I don't think the video card is the problem, but did you try cleaning your PC? Maybe it's too full of dust. Could be this, fixed many of my problems many times.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by enZYMEX » July 15, 2012 5:04pm | Report
This is totaly not this it started 2 month after i got it. Oh and i tryed with the air compressor and nothing came out.

enZYMEX

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » July 15, 2012 6:34pm | Report
Does your screen go black when you afk or only after peripheral interaction?

If it's before you touch anything it might be possible that your system is trying to sleep after one minute which could have been caused by an accidental change or a family member trolling. It does sound like the system is struggling to resume processes that were running.

Is it the whole PC that crashes and do you need to reboot to fix?

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by enZYMEX » July 15, 2012 10:33pm | Report
This is just when i got afk for 1 min or more then i shake mouse, screen goes black for 2 seconds the go back to normal but every games/Youtube videos crashes noting else after.

enZYMEX

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 16, 2012 4:15am | Report
You can set in the properties in how many seconds the screen will turn black to save power, try settings it to 9999 seconds?

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » July 16, 2012 4:33am | Report
Yes, I would say that it may be trying to resume from a sleep. This can often cause crashes as the system tries to pickup where it left off. You can find the settings under Control Panel > Power Options.

Try that and let us know if it works if not then it might be the seed of a bigger problem.

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by enZYMEX » July 16, 2012 9:53am | Report
I alredy said i disabled these one wow.And if i ask for help it beacuase i tryied the basics things.

enZYMEX

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 17, 2012 11:06am | Report
When you go away, just put an autoclicker to click on the screen randomly so the screen won't become inactive and go black. That random clicking will keep the screen open.

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by enZYMEX » July 17, 2012 8:00pm | Report
This is the wrost awnser i've ever heard of my life.

enZYMEX

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved