Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Keyboard and Mouse Combination

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Keyboard and Mouse Combination 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Contractual » January 1, 2013 3:49pm | Report
Ok. So I'm looking for a keyboard and mouse combination. I really would like to get a mechanical keyboard,but, I'm not 100% sure that it provides a huge help. I currently use my brothers keyboard when I play DotA(Often but not always). He has a Logitech G110 keyboard. I love this one but I'm not sure I want to buy one if there is something else out there just as good if not better for a decent price.
Now for the mouse. I also use my brothers mouse as of now. He has a Logitech G700. I love this mouse to death. Absolutely amazing in my opinion,but, again I'm open for ideas. If there is something better I can look into let me know. I really need to get my own stuff so I can void out the annoyance of having the unconnect and reconnect things. Try and keep the price down though, I'm not looking to spend $300 on a mouse and keyboard combination. Thanks everyone!

~Contractual

Contractual

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » January 1, 2013 5:27pm | Report
Mouse-Razer Deathadder. I have this mouseand I love it, its very comfortable for a long duration and is $70 at the razer store but newegg,amazon etc should have it cheaper. It makes a click sound like a mechanical keyboard and the right and left buttons are grooved so your fingers fit riight along it. The mouse also looks badass

Keyboard-Corsair K60/90. The K60 is an fps mechanical keybaord with an wrist rest while the K90 is a more RTS based with macro keys. This more depends on which type fits you whether you want red,blue,brown or black switches.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » January 2, 2013 10:51am | Report
I'm using a Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard, just got one to replace my older Saitek Eclipse that I had for about 8+ years. It still works but I'm starting to see the crumbs and carcasses of dead cockroaches D:!

The mouse I use is a Razor Naga Molten Edition, good mouse for both MMO and DOTA. Initial bought it for WoW when I was still playing it and now use it to bind buttons, saves a lot of hassle :)

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » January 2, 2013 2:43pm | Report
Razer Blackwidow (Keyboard)
Razer Naga (Epic Edition Mouse)
Razer Megolodon (Headset)
Razer Nostromo (Gamepad for Dota and PvP on MMO's)

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » January 2, 2013 3:18pm | Report
Razer naga is by far the best mouse for MOBA'S. In fact, razer tech is pretty much the best. for headsets thogh TURTLE BEACH's are really good. I use my laptops default keyboard. Which Is an acer aspire.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
Steam: BaconBorn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » January 2, 2013 4:31pm | Report
I have heard the blackwidow(regular) has alot of problems with the keys and being unresponsive. For a headset I have the vengeance 1500s which are really nice. They are comforatble and fit around your years and the padding on top is very thick and nice. The only problem is it is a little on the heavy side. Nagas are nice for MOBA's but do ou really need 12 keys? I think the Naga with 6 keys is probably better but razer synapse is really bad(and thats putting it nicely)especially for nagas. If Razer fixes up their software problems and customer support, they could be a better company.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » January 2, 2013 4:38pm | Report
SuperNova wrote:

MOBA'S.

ಠ_ಠ

Ancient Hero wrote:

I have heard the blackwidow(regular) has alot of problems with the keys and being unresponsive.

I wouldn't know I have the mirror finish led backlit one.

My previous board, Razer Lycosa had some issues with the Media Centre Control buttons messing around and randomly skipping or playing Music but it could be fixed within the Razer Configuration Software.

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » January 2, 2013 4:45pm | Report
The only thing synapse gave me was a ton of headaches. Have you checked out the Cyborg RAT series? the RAT 3 is around 40-50 although it is more FPS based, you can probably still customize it for dota.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » January 2, 2013 7:36pm | Report
Quoted:

ಠ_ಠ

What?
Dota is a moba isnt it?
I dont know tbh
people say moba alot when refering to dota and sounds like a nice word.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
Steam: BaconBorn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Contractual » January 2, 2013 7:44pm | Report
Guys don't worry about the headset, I'm good on that! I have an Astro A40 headset. Basically the best you can find :) THanks though! :)

Contractual

Notable (3)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved