Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forum Game (Werewolf)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Forum Game (Werewolf) 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » December 27, 2011 9:30pm | Report
Forewarning: I'm not sure how forum game will work out on this forum. In many cases they can lead to a lot of spam, and they require maturity on the forum's part to respect the game. That means non-participants do not post in the game thread once started, and the game can be kept on topic and in character one game is started. If the community can't do this (mainly once it get bigger), then forum games could be restricted or disallowed.

I'm honestly not entirely sure how this would work. Typically, a forum game of werewolf requires anywhere from 15-20 people that are all active in the game for it to work, so I may simply re-post this once this community blossoms more, but here goes.

If you are familiar with the party game "Mafia", werewolf is essentially the same thing, but on a forum it is far deeper and has role-playing aspects to it.

Basically, an unknown minority is the werewolves. Their goal is to eliminate all the innocents. Each night, the werewolves as a group may execute one innocent. Each night as well, the innocents may vote to execute one person. Keep in mind the werewolves know all the other werewolves (in a 20 player game, there may be 3 or 4 wolves), but the innocents are left clueless as to everyone else's roles. Each night the wolves kill an innocent, clues, however subtle they may be, are given out the following morning. For the wolves to win, the innocents must be at a 1 to 1 ratio with the number of wolves. For the innocents to win, all wolves must be killed. Days take place with real days, and the hours of the day are set to the hosts liking.

Each game may vary, this can include alternate roles that change the game depending on the roles.

At the start of the game, a map is given of the area and a starting scenario is given (marking the start of the game). Each day, everyone votes areas to search for clues.

The host is a neutral character that gives out and plans the clues, as well as organizes the game.

This is about all I can think of right now (for the basics) but it can be very complex and extremely fun if the community can play the game in a mature manner.

I would like to get a count of how many people at the moment would be for a game of werewolf, just so I could see how many people would be committed to it. The game requires that you be active, at least for the game, for anywhere from 5-10 days. More depending on how many players. As of now, I can just tell you we wont get enough people to start a game, but this can be used for the future. So just say whether or whether not you would be interested in this type of forum game. Werewolf typically seems to draw in players that are less casual and can enjoy role-playing on a small scale. The game also requires critical thinking (depending on the host) and it could very well take a few game for some players to get the hang of the game and be able to catch on to clues given easier. Anyway, tell me what you think.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » December 27, 2011 11:52pm | Report
I think it's an awesome idea :) I would give it a go!

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » December 28, 2011 1:37am | Report
Count me in

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Whated » December 28, 2011 3:35am | Report
I'd love to take part in Werewolf. But I'm bit scared atm :o. Daymn Wolves!
If the day should ever come when we must go, if some day we are compelled to leave the scene of history, we will slam the door so hard that the universe will shake and mankind will stand back in stupefaction.
Joseph Goebbels

Whated

Notable (12)
Steam: Whated
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » December 28, 2011 1:33pm | Report
I'd suggest waiting like you said until there's a larger user-base to fill slots.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Thaniel » December 28, 2011 1:54pm | Report
I agree with Gunker, though I would be totally interested in joining. Maybe in a few months, once DotA launches, the playerbase will skyrocket. I mean, I know for a fact that I was out of the forums until I got my beta key, even if I love the community. (It just hurt too much to be parted from DotA and hear everyone talking about it. ;_;)

Thaniel

Notable (4)
Steam: Brennan3775
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Plasmodium » December 31, 2011 9:16pm | Report
Im in, let's get this going!
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Plasmodium

Notable (13)
Steam: RetrtoTvirus
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » December 31, 2011 9:56pm | Report
Not enough peeps, I was just wanting to see if people would even be remotely interested in this kind of forum game. Once I feel the community is large enough we can start one, but yeah, we're going to need 15-20 people that can regularly post and that have time for it. This game requires a lot of time and dedication. What you will end up having is several pages of material that people have wrote, and you as a player need to read through all of it and really digest it to be contributing to the game. There will be people that will suddenly disappear, it happens, things happen in life, but that's usually just one person out of the entire game. And if they had something come up they should contact the host and tell them what's up. I'll try to link you to a good game, and let you read through the days just so you can get a taste of what it's like.

But until we get a community maybe thrice this size, or at least far more active, we're kind of stuck here waiting.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Plasmodium » January 1, 2012 2:28am | Report
I can have multiple personalities if it will help bolster the numbers. Hi my name is morphbism, lawfism and gromit. :)
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Plasmodium

Notable (13)
Steam: RetrtoTvirus
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Desides » April 23, 2012 9:24am | Report
I'll do it. I'm a gym class mafia PRO

Steam: Desides
LoL: Desides
HoN: HA

Desides

Notable (2)
Steam: Desides
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved